any good fruit good for low potassium people?

i have heard that when your body is low in potassium this is really dangerous and makes you weak. my mom tells us to have 1 banana a day for this will help increase the potassium level in ones body. do you know any other fruit that has potassium content on it? thanks.
Oh, yes, I had to have a high potassium diet for a long time due to health problems. Besides bananas, there are prunes, raisins, cantaloupe, oranges, and kiwis. Also, it might be good to try veggies with high potassium like spinach, potatoes and avocados. I hope this helps, it's all I can think of right now.
hi there, thanks a lot for the post and what you have shared here. i really appreciate this. i will be checking on the supermarket when i will do the grocery. it is not fun to eat bananas most of the time. LOL. have a great day!!!
@quawertz (782)
Well, Bananas is the first bet and most common fruit that is high in potassium. I think broccoli has a high potassium content too. Oranges have too and cantaloupe as what said above.
thanks for the share. have a great day!!!
@lilaclady (28270)
Well I think you maybe could have more than one banana a day if you are low in potassium as I am not supposed to eat bananas because of the potassium, the medication i am on for high blood pressure makes it dangerous for me to eat them, so i would think maybe you should have more than one banana if you are low in potassium...
hello there, sorry to hear about your condition. i am wishing you well and good health. thanks for the post and have a great day!!!
@adihindu (1922)
Potassium is found in many foods, especially meat, milk, fruits and vegetables (see Table 1). Eat a variety of foods to get the recommended amount. While sodium is added to most highly processed foods, potassium is not. Eating more fresh and frozen foods, which are usually lower in sodium, may be helpful. (See fact sheet 9.354, Sodium in the Diet.) Potassium is essential for good nutrition and health. Meeting the minimum requirement is not difficult if you eat a variety of foods. Maintaining the recommended sodium-to-potassium ratio, however, may be more difficult. Eat more fruits and vegetables and fewer processed foods. A moderate increase in dietary potassium, in addition to a reduction of excess sodium, may be beneficial, especially for people at risk for hypertension. Here are some of the fruit that contain the most potassium: Apricots - 458 mg Avocados - 1096 - 1483 mg Bananas - 594 mg Blueberries - 357 mg Dates - 1160 mg Kiwi - 302 mg Mangos - 322 mg Cantaloupe - 546 Honeydew - 460 mg Orange - 238 - 249 mg Papayas - 359 mg Peaches - 309 mg Raisins - 1239 mg Every fruit contains potassium.
thanks a lot for the post. this will help a lot. have a great day this is truly appreciated. :)
@warrior_777 (1392)
Bananas are really a good source of potassium. I heard also potatoes and tomatoes ae good source of potasium but I'm not sure about that. There are also food supplements that are in rich in potassium alone. Have a nice day..
hello there, thanks for the post and have a great day. i think i better do research in books and the internet to help me on this. thanks for the share.
@Bebs08 (10691)
I only know banana fruit as good for people who need potassium intake. I have a co worker who has this kind of disease. when he lack potassium in a day, we can't stand up. His leg muscles are very weak. He just eat a lot of bananas and his doctor bills were saved. well, of course his doctor was the one who told him to eat bananas everyday. I want to know also what other fruits aside from banana that is good for potassium intake.
hi there, i think banana is the most common but there are other fruits that are good in potassium too. thanks for the post and have a great day!!!
@jhenn22 (1243)
banana alone can help you give enough pottassium that you need in your body. Just 1 banana in a meal is enough. Besides, only banana can substitute all your fave fruits. it contains almost all vitamins that you need.
hi there, thanks for the post and have a great day!!!
@fasttalker (2798)
Here is a brief list that the doctor gave me when my potassium level was low: Apples Bananas Oranges Apricots Raisins Figs Dried Fruit Fruit Cocktail Grapes Raisins Cherries Raspberries And also eat the peeling of the fruit when you can because when you peel it it looses some of the potassium in it. Have a great day!
hello there, thanks for sharing the list that your doctor gave you. this will really help a lot. have a great day and happy mylotting!!!
Tomatoes, Nuts & Seeds, raisins, prunes, other dried fruits, potatoes, legumes, plantains, spinach, papayas, milk & other dairy products, brussel sprouts, orange juice broccoli, oranges, melons, and squash. Here is a link to a good site where you can find lots of information: http://pediatrics.about.com/od/nutrition/a/foods_potassium.htm
hello there, thanks for the share. i will be looking over the site that you have hear. i know i will learn a lot form it. have a great weekend and have a happy day!!!