Kittens and puppies abandoned to death

@LittleMel (14055)
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2008/10/04/animals-abandoned.html I thought I've heard the worst but no there are people out there that could do worse. They literally placed kittens in a box, sealed it and put this box out in the cold. Five had to be euthanized I am hoping the rest could make it. All they had to do was give these animals to SPCA - I remember talking to an SPCA rep they said we have to pay certain fee when giving animals away to them, but this fee is a one time fee not monthly - and yet people chose to leave these kittens to die in a sealed box. If they could do this to the kittens, I can't imagine the horror they did to mother cat who would be looking for her kittens. I know very well how the economy situation is right now, that's why even if I want more pets I never get them, because I don't want to have to give them away when I can't afford it. These people may have got the pets for their kids but then they couldn't afford it or the kids can't care less about the pets in the end, but still throwing puppies and kittens out in the cold especially in a sealed box just doesn't make sense since giving them away to local SPCA is easier and less duct tape to begin with. What do you think of this? An average person can't last a day in the cold weather outside without nourishment, let alone kittens and puppies.
@Foxxee (3653)
Yeah it's a sad story... But sometimes people just don't think right. It's a good chance they honestly thought the kittens would be okay. Maybe they thought someone would come by && take one. Maybe they thought closing the box up was helping in some odd way? We just really don't know what is going on in their small minds... I do know that the SPCA might be a one time payment, but it's not cheap at times. I must agree with someone else on the actual web site that thinks the SPCA should have an open door policy. Some people might not be able to afford the one time fee... although this doesn't make it right to just drop the animals off, if it was me, I would of just kept the kittens for a day or two until I could find someone to take them or take my body up to wal-mart everyday asking people as they come to shop if they wanted a free kitten until they were all gone...
@LittleMel (14055)
maybe the one time fee is too much for so many kittens and puppies but they could have SPCA spayed the pets for free at least that's what it says on the news: free spay, of course I don't know if it's true I never heard SPCA provides that before. spaying isn't cheap either but it sure worth it.
@Carrie26 (1587)
I get so mad when people do this.I wonder if they even have a conscious if they do that.?I feel so sad and sorry for the animals.As the animals especially baby kittens and puppies feel scared without thier moms .