Mylot Time

@glords (2615)
How much time do you spend mylotting every day? It seems like I spend at least an hour on here yet I only get paid a few cents. Maybe that's just the way it goes. How long do you spend on mylot each day? Also I'm wondering if you get paid more if you have higher ratings, or if youve been a member longer. Does anyone know?
I don't know exactly how much time I spend on myLot, though on estimated calculations, I can say approximately an hour a day. Looks like you're not too pleased with what you're earning here but I guess you'll have no complaints if you forget about making money here and start enjoying the discussions. This is why I'm still here at myLot after about 10 months of inactivity. I've realixed that there are better ways of earning online and myLot should be considered like any other social networking site where atleast you can get meaningful responses to your queries. As far as earning more if you have high rating concerned, I'm not sure if its the case. I've been a member for about 2 years now and also have a decent rating, but it doesn't seem like I'm getting paid any higher than what I got for my first post here. I'm not denying anything but I just don't feel it the case. Its the quality that matters at the end of the day.
@glords (2615)
Im not disappointed with my earnings, I really do enjoy chatting on mylot. Of course I wouldn't mind getting paid more, who would? Thanks for posting and happy mylotting.
@sirrob (4112)
i don't keep track of the number of hours i am going to spend here coz usually i am muti-tasking when online. you rating doesn't have any bearing at all in your payment. the only thing that matters or would affect your earnings is the way you post. which means the more you post quality and descriptive discussions or response the higher the earnings you'll have. this would mean that you won't just be posting 1 or 2 lines of topic/s. if you could stretch your post with 5 or more lines then the better your earnings you'll have and make it a relevant too.
@glords (2615)
How do they know if your posting are quality if they aren't rating you on your rating score? Do they check for spelling accuracy or what exactly... do you know? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out the system. I really appreciate your advice and knowledge on the subject. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting.
@sirrob (4112)
it is computer generated algorithm and no one exactly knows how it is being done, only the admin knows about it. and as i said your rating has nothing to do with it and in your earning opportunity, it is just your status in myLot community and i believe you're not get paid for that matter. that's the way i understood the rules here in myLot. computation of earnings is a separate algorithm and your rating/reputation status are different as well. spelling, i guess, is part of the how they based their evaluation of your post since this is a computer generated and not manually evaluated. hope that clears up something and did not add in your confusion.
The ratings don't affect your earnings, although some people might answer more discussions done by people with higher star ratings, thereby getting more responses. I don't do that, but I think maybe some do. I don't have the internet in my home anymore, so I spend less time on mylot that I used to. I only have access to the internet when I'm at my parent's house. One thing I noticed that helps my earnings, I turn all my friend notifications on, and go through all of them before answering any others. Having a lot of mylot friends makes it easier to find good discussions. Also, mylot does say that you don't really get paid if your answer isn't at least as long as three lines.
@glords (2615)
Wow that is really interesting. I wonder if thats why a lot of responses seem to have a lot of filler in them. Have you ever noticed that the first sentence has all of the idea and the next to are filled up with stuff like happy mylotting.... and I just thought that everyone was friendly
Yes, you're right. And some write only a little a line, then skip to a new line, I guess thinking that it counts as an actual line. But trying to make the lines shorter in the response doesn't work. Mylot catches on to that.
@vicki2876 (5640)
I spend a few minutes a day here. I used to spend more time on here but just don't really have the time. I usually will get a couple cents for the couple posts I make. Not much. But if I was to spend an hour I would probably hope for a bit more than that. But really you don't get too much for being here and I find I read way more than I actually type out which doesn't help. HEHE I guess the best way o get more for each post is length. If you are making a one liner or something, good chance you won't get anything for it. Usually fourth lines is the amount they consider a good post. Also make a discuss or two. Though I don't really do it, it is good to make them as you get some from them too. Though if you are pumping out 100 discussions it is likely not many people will respond to them and you will not earn from it. So make a few discussions and make long posts and the earning should go up. Happy Mylotting.
@glords (2615)
Thanks Vicky! I will try to make a couple of discussion a day from now on. I think that will be my goal. I've already tried to increase the length of my comments, though sometimes I think it hurts the site more than it helps. In my opinion language should be as short and concise as possible. I guess I just need to learn to expand on my thoughts more. Thank you for your insights and happy mylotting.
@iskayz (5423)
Hi there! Mylot payments doesn't depend on how long you have been a member or or how high your rating is. The key to earn big is to participate a lot and spend more time here and I think one hour mylotting isn't enough. I spend half of my day here. I participate a lot, respond to discussions and start new discussions. You have to be active in order to earn. Also try making quality responses and discussion. Upload pictures relevant to your posts cause that will help you earn more. If you think you won't be able to spend more time here, why don't you find referrals who will be active. You will get 25% of their earnings as your direct referral. Hope that helps. Ciao!
@glords (2615)
wow, thats amazing. How much money do you make a day when you are spending so much time here? Do you do it for the money or for the social interaction? Thanks for posting and happy mylotting.
@Avi_Gan (191)
I have been posting for about 3-4 days. I usually spend four hours a day mylotting. I try to add as close to 20 in the number beside my name before I retire at night. So far, I've been quite surprised on how much my earnings jump each day.