Cracking Knees

knees  - knees
France
I got my knees cracking a lot recently and just wonder if my body is getting rusty or something? What can I do to make them supple and stronger?
@writersedge (22579)
Try to find a joint health formula that has Glucosamine, chondroiton, calcium, and vitamin D in it. Also, if your Doctor OKs it, walk up and down stairs, a little at first and then more as time goes on. My Doctor prescribed lifting weights with my legs, did nothing for them. But I started climbing stairs at a hospital and at a college on top of a miniature mountain, built up to 5 flights on top of the mountain, the muscles on the sides of my knees helped to support and stabilize my kneecaps. My weight is the best weight lifting. Also, make sure there isn't something that can be made worse wrong with you before you start taking supplements and exercising. Always talk to your Doctor before you make any major changes. Always start slowly and build up to it. Like only 10 steps of the stairs. Then increase to 11 or 12. Build up slowly. Great discussion for all of us getting older.
• France
Walking stairs and more generally walking is an excellent way of making them stronger. I'll try to walk a bit more and avoid elevator here If I need some vitamins complement or something, I'll ask my doctor about it
@writersedge (22579)
Good that you will check with your Doctor first. Avoiding the elevator also helps your heart. Glad you like my suggestion. Take care and good luck. Let us know about how strong your knees get later.
• France
Alright
@kun2349 (23475)
Are u running alot?? Because i have the same problems as i've been running alot and that's what we called, runner's knees.. haha =D BUt if u are not, i guess it's just an ailment that comes with age ^_^ MAybe u can drink more milk to make your joints and bones stronger.. Also eating Glucosamine pills, for joints ^_^ Other than that, try to work out on your thigh muscles, as they are responsible to absorb any impact or shock from the way u walk and run ^_^ Soon, the problem u are facing now will be gone ^_^
• France
Yeah, I run a lot and take long time to warm it up before and after jogging. I should do some more activity maybe such as yoga or tai chi, No idea yet
@kun2349 (23475)
I guess u have to do more stretching as well as work on your thigh muscles, so that it can absorb the shock and spare your knees ^_^ Yoga will be good ^_^
• France
I have a long session of stretching after jogging but actually I should walk a little bit more. Walking is the best for it because there is no shock for the articulations
@rsa101 (13337)
Might be, if it also entails some pain while moving your joints then that's a bad warning sign for you. It may be that you cartilages are starting to become brittle. So to be sure consult any orthopedic doctor which may require you to have your joints tested via x-ray or any other means that can detect if there is really wrong with your knees. Hope everything will be fine as having problems with knees can sometime be very painful.
• France
I have no pain in it
@rsa101 (13337)
Well that is good to hear but I think if it bothers you alot its better to have it checked to be sure. It may be that you have high tolerance for pain that is why. So to be sure consult your doc.
I had the same problem but I also had a lot of pain. Nothing that my GP recommended helped relieve the pain so I did a search on the internet. I started takin Maca which is a herbal remedy and I also rubbed Tiger Balm into the joints. Now I am delighted to say that I have no more pain and I can actually kneel down which I couldn't do before I started this treatment.
• France
Thanx for the informations
@crazydaisy (3899)
Do you take calcium with plus D. That is very good for you. You take it twice a day which is good for you.that is what I take...and it works.... cd
• France
I don't but I drink a lot of milk,in my tea,yoghourt,cheese,stuffs like that... I will ask my doctor about it, Thanx