shedding

@yosista (302)
My cat sheds alot, I try to bush him and whatnot, but its out of control, any Tips???
@catdla1 (6005)
You don't say how old your cat is, but have you tried to see if he'll let you vacuum him? One of my cats loved it. Another would never get used to it, I think the noise was frightening her. It's worth a try, but always use the upholstry brush. The plain nozzle can bruise them.
@yosista (302)
I will deff try to vacuum him with the brush and see what happens... he is only 5 yrs old
@catdla1 (6005)
What bothers most cats, is not the suction, but the noise. Try having music playing (on the loud side) to mask the vacuum noise as much as possible. Good luck!
I've done that w/ my big guy and he doesn't mind it he likes to play w/ the hose when I try to suck his fur. But since my vacuum doesn't work anymore and I can't afford to replace it.... I"ll be looking into a comb of some sort that someone mentioned once.
@ElicBxn (60884)
It is season change, they shed more now than mid-winter or mid summer. Unless the cat is an inside only cat, then they tend to shed year round. I have a porch they can go out on and so they do shed more seasonally then when I didn't have a way for them to get outside.
@yosista (302)
My cat is an indoor cat
@ElicBxn (60884)
He still could be affected by the change in weather. I'm sure he does some window sitting, even if the window is closed, the light can help their rythems to know when the season is changing
@Gorzata (185)
• Poland
Dunno. Perhaps U should teach your cat to listen to calm, classical, relaxing music. And show your cat much heart. Perhaps U should talk to Him/Her. He/She could reward U with 'talking' of His/Her own making;) Calm heart towards Her/Him, I would say. That's the solution. Sometimes I try to miaow, I guess I sound authentic, as they show me much respect:D Yes, treat cats as persons, completely individually, that's the key!
@yosista (302)
thanks :) happy posting