r.i.p.

By JJ
@myklj999 (18436)
I am saddened to say that my star rant was executed by myLot admin at approximately 11:15 PM tonight October 07, 2008. Have you ever watched an execution? This one happened right in front of me.
@irishmist (3820)
I'm sorry about your star rating, but it is not real life, and no tears should be shed. We all face the star rating thing everyday when we post or respond to a discussion. I know how you feel though, as I check my star almost everyday. I hope you can get yours back. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Well, maybe I am one of the Lucky ones on here as I have never had my Star below a "10" in here, and personally I try not to be offensive in any way, so hopefully I will never see it happen for me as well. Well, what usually happens when this happens, is someone is Rating you negative or a whole bunch of people in here are rating you negatively for some reason. Maybe it is from your Short responses if you are known to do that, or short discussions, or maybe just a little bit of everything in between. All I can say to you, do not allow it to get to you too much. Just live and learn, and move on. Wishing you the best.
I have never watched a discussion get executed. I am sure that it would not be fun at all. I am sorry to hear that they executed your discussion. Did it violate term or guidelines?
@myklj999 (18436)
To the best of my knowledge, it didn't. However, it is not the first discussion I have seen removed that on the surface did not violate guidelines.
I often wonder how many abuse reports are deleted without being investigated properly.
@myklj999 (18436)
I'm sure many discussions are deleted without admin actually ever viewing the discussion.
@msmell (1378)
Oh buggar i missed it I alway miss the good one's...... oh well hope it R.I.P and don't feel so bad as it's pain is over now and it won't be doing any more ranting...... OH and P.S can't say that I see this new pic as being you....
@myklj999 (18436)
It's a picture of a kinder, gentler myklj.
@msmell (1378)
Oh that new pic doesn't look like it is in peace..... looks like his is trying to hard to leave a present for his mum in his nappy .....
@LadyMarissa (12161)
It lasted MUCH LONGER than you thought it would!!! Why I felt comfortable using profanity, we ALL knew it was going as you indicated in the last line. 12 hours was a good run considering the rant. Somebody is being executed tonight for letting it stay up that long before reporting it!!!
@myklj999 (18436)
Yeah, I expected it, but now at least I'm pretty sure of who was responsible for my star dropping.
@LadyMarissa (12161)
Funny how they always leave a trail even though they won't do it face to face!!!
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey myklj! No they didn't! So all that plusing went to waste! How dare they! And you saw them do it! With all the support that you had! They waited until you had over 3 pages of responses to pull the plug. They are truly cruel! I think they enjoy being mean! If they wanted to do it why didn't they do it right away? I just don't get it. Or was it someone complaining who got it deleted? This is really getting ridiculously out of control and has to be stopped! We can't allow trolls to continue to run mylot! I would say that we strike, but how do we do it? You're the brains around here, what to you propose that we do?
@leenie50 (3992)
Sorry mykl, I really love this place but when something like this happens to an obviously well liked friend, it makes me wonder who is behind it. If you know who the little weasel is, then a few complaints to the powers that be would be appropriate. I once had an email alert saying that I received a best response. When I went to thank the person, the post was wiped out. I didn't even know who gave it to me. It is frustrating to have your time and efforts just erased. You'll prevail, that I am sure of. leenie
@James72 (26829)
It's like you're pyschic mykl! I wondered why my post number had gone down and now I know. I put a great photograph of sheep on there too! What a waste of perfectly good sheep.....
@makingpots (11922)
Sorry for your lose, myklj999. How awful that you had to witness it.
@myklj999 (18436)
It had just received it's 49th response; I had already replied to the first 48. I went somewhere else for a moment, and when I came back response #45 was suddenly missing. As I went to comment to the one response I hadn't commented on, the entire thing disappeared into the "mylot zone".
@makingpots (11922)
Do do do do .............
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
I see no reason for it to leave..I thought it was a fun rant actually..and losing 2 points over it was worth it..makes me wonder why the funny ones go and will this one too? wish i would have copied it..maybe i still have the comments in my emails..lol..
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
yea the only one i had left was you saying that now you are Dr. Doolittle about me and the Camel and all that plussing...
Hi myklj999, Yes I have, when I went to response to it, be careful, it might happen again, by the way I love your cute baby avatar, who is the little sweetie? Do be carful though 'The axe man, a comin'. Tamara
@camomom (7536)
no i have not but i did witness some aftermath of this one. you commented to my response and i went to comment again to you from my email and it was deleted. i'm so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you.
Too bad you had to witness that one, I was rather enjoying the discussion! Lots of pithy and clever responses! Yes I have watched a few executions, I watch a lot of The History Channel and they show a lot of historical footage like that in some of their shows. Hangings, firing squad, even the last use of a guillotine in France. The worst one I think was after 9/11 a bunch of Taliban execution videos showed up online. Someone sent me a link and I thought it was an article on executions, turned out to be a video of someone getting their head cut off, very slowly and the executioner enjoying every second of it. I'll never get that one out of my head if I live another 50 yrs. Ewwwww. Kind of dimmed my faith in humanity for a while. Not that it's recovered much but a bit. Jeez now I'm gonna have that running thru my head all day and it's only 8:00 am! Tell me a joke or something, make me laugh MYKL!!
Oh man, Mykl. That had to have been such a traumatic experience for you......to see your discussion hanged before you. I didn't get around to responding to that discussion...sorry. Well, maybe not so sorry now. My star had gone down, too. Oh well. Fact of mylot life.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Yep, seen it a few times. So sorry for ya though myk.
I didn't see any reason for that to be executed. I am sorry for you loss.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
LOL..we both posted to RJ at the same time..great minds..lol..
*LOL* Too funny
@cyntrow (8524)
Obviously, you are the victim of the wolf pack. Probably from the country that shall not be named. Mylot is small and they do not hire people to check discussions. They rely on "mature" mylotters to report. You are a victim. I've taken to copying all of my discussions. When one is deleted and I don't agree, I'll send the whole discussion to mylot asking why it was deleted. I've had 2 put back. Don't say anything except coke vs pepsi and you'll be fine. But then, I would have to leave. Just continue to do what you do.
Plays taps with his thumb.
@Munchkin547 (2778)
Aw that's truly sad!! I've never witnessed an execution and i really don't think that i would want to!! I think we should hold a minues silence in respect to said discussion!! lol xxxx
AAWw!! how rude of them! I too responded to your post I was there for ya guy!! then I went to bed, so I've no idea if you had a chance to reply back or not but what you wrote was NOTHING to be deleted...shame on mylot!!