what should we do about personal investing in the economical crisis?

China
shall we sell the stocks we have and buy the lower stocks when the economical condition conducive to buy?or keep the stocks for long term investment.give me your tips,thinks in advance.
@Arkie69 (2156)
If I had anything in the stock market I would get it out and stash it away. I would not even put it in a bank. This bail out is not going to work. If anything I would use some of the money to get set up out in the country where I could grow some food and produce some of the things I will need to survive. 10 to 20 acres would be plenty for the average family. If you are going to do it do it as quickly as possible or others will beat you to it. Small plots of land that will grow food are getting hard to find.
@cgobble (171)
I was just having this discussion with a co-worker this morning. I've done nothing but lose money, but as I don't really have that must invested, I think I'm just going to pull my money out of my retirement program. And I know about the huge taxes you have to pay on a withdraw like that, but I have already lost so much money it makes me question if I leave that money in there, is it just going to disappear anyway? So I'm not sure about buying and selling, but I personally am just going to pull out so to speak.