I Spilled O.J. on My Keyboard!

Yup, I didn't take my own advise and spilled the sticky stuff all over it. So this morning I got up and took all those tiny screws out and got it apart, only to find that instead of a long plastic, bumpy strip, like my old one had, there are all these little suction cup things for each key. Guess where they all ended up? You guessed it, all on the floor. So, it took forever to put them all back after cleaning everything and well, of course it didn't work because I think a lot of them fell out of place. So, I had to clean out an entire closet because of corse my old keyboard had to be way, way in the very back of the closet. Now I'm using my old one which I like a lot better anyway. Do you think I cursed myself by starting a topic about O.J.?
@devideddi (1437)
no, no curse here, but your story is kinda finny. Sounds exactly like the type of thing that happens to me. Glad to know its not just me! Thanks for the smile!
hi prarie...you have my sympathy. on youtube there are instructions to clean your keyboard in a dishwasher. you must have 2 keyboards so that you have one to use while the other is being washed and then let dry for a week or more. been awhile since i saw it. but one man who demonstrated it had his keyboards get filthy dirty and needed a good way to clean them.
That's ok, I don't have a dishwasher and thankfully I saved my old one.
@owlwings (38691)
• Cambridge, England
I don't know how many keyboards would be 'dishwasher safe' but certainly most will come to no harm if rinsed under running water and dried thoroughly afterwards (see my post below). On reflection, a week in warm dry air would be working on the safe side. I do say 'at least 24 hours' (and that worked for me when the keyboard was over a warm radiator which was on overnight. It had a grille over it, so it wasn't too hot and was handy for putting the keyboard on.)