Simbang gabi! Do you still go for an early mass, before Christmas?

@CJay77 (4441)
Australia
Do you try complete the early mass for nine days? I used to try to completed the mass back when I was there, but I never succeeded! I miss to do this again this coming Christmas, but I guess I have no chance at the moment! How about you? Do you still go and complete the nine days mass? Thanks!
Hi! Never in my life have I completed it. I was only able to make two straight then after that, none. But, I do attend Simbang Gabi. Have a nice day! Advance Happy Holidays!! Come home to the Philippines! Miss ka na mg mga kamag-anak mo. Toink!
@CJay77 (4441)
Hi there, I guess we only get excited on the first few days! I wish I can go home because I miss my kamag-anak as well, I like these Tagalog words that you write I feel like home at least for a minute, and thank you very much. Advance happy holidays to you also and you have a good day.
hehe! Thanks. But I will never miss the mass on the 24th because it's my birthday.
@CJay77 (4441)
Advance happy birthday to you and I hope that you will have a great day! Wow that's nice that you only have one big celebration, Christmas Eve and Birthday. Save some money for sure and lots of gifts, lol.
@riyasam (16574)
i have never been to simbang gabi!we dont have that in the chruch(protestant) where i attend but we do have special services before christmas which i do attend.
@CJay77 (4441)
We do this in the Philippines it's start 9 days before Christmas, but I'm not sure what other countries or catholic have the same. Thanks, riya.
@zhaychel (610)
• United Arab Emirates
I honestly haven't tried simbang gabe. I just have the difficulty of waking in the early time in the morning. My parents and sister participate in that and they can't force me to join because I have a lot of things to do. ^^,
@CJay77 (4441)
Hi zhaychel! Its nice and fun attending early mass, but fair enough if you have a lot things to do. Thanks for the response.
hi there CJay. I'm proud to say that when i was still in High School i was able to complete the Simbang Gabi. But now that I'm working, i dont have the chance to complete it. sometimes, i wasnt able to attend any single mass. :( take care! Be happy
@CJay77 (4441)
Hi red, Thats nice in your high school time that you were we be able to finish Simband Gabi. Thanks for sharing and advance happy holiday to you and to your family.
@SaintAnne (5453)
I've gone to a few of those in my life. My dad does though but I just can't get up that early especially when it's still on a school day. But one holiday season, I would meet up with my dad at church for simbang gabi after going out with friends the night before. Then I would sleep for most of the days once we got home. I'd like to go to one again. Though I haven't been to church for about 4 years now.
@CJay77 (4441)
Hi SaintAnne, I have the same problem, getting up early! I went few times but never completed the nine days. I haven't been to church for quite some time also. Advance happy holiday to you and thanks for the response.
@rsa101 (16662)
• Quezon City, Philippines
When I was still a student and I was in the province I used to recall that my grandmother would always bring me to the church to attend. but now here in the city and working already its really hard to to that anymore. But I do miss those times waking up early and going to church that early.
@CJay77 (4441)
Hi rsa101, I do miss those time as well. I can understand that if you working it wouldn't be easy to attend and get up early. Thanks for the response and advance happy holidays to you.
@aseretdd (13736)
It was only one time that i was able to attend simbang gabi... and that was years ago... i am not an early riser... so i really can't attend that particular Mass... but my husband would always complete all the nine days of simbang gabi... he is quite an early riser...
@CJay77 (4441)
Hi aseretdd, I agree that its not easy to get up early, thats why I think I never completed the nine days. That's nice that you husband complete the nine days mass. Advance happy holidays to you and to your family. Thanks for the response.
@joliefille (3696)
Wow. The first time I completed the early mass was also the last time for me. I believe this was back in 2001 or 2002. I'm not a religious churchgoer anymore. But it was indeed good to be able to complete the 9 days that time.
@CJay77 (4441)
Hi joliefille, That's nice that you completed the nine days, I wish I had. Advance happy holiday to you and thanks for the response.
hi CJay! My Mom, sister and I are very consistent attending the simbang gabi from the first until the last day for several years now. My father and brothers would join us once, twice or thrice but they have never made it complete. It is very hard to wake up very early in the morning for those who are not used to. So, it's a challenge. I like hearing the choir sing Christmas songs during the mass. It's special for me because this is the only time I could hear and sing Christmas songs during eucharistic celebration. Hope you have a nice day. LoovesAmethyst
@CJay77 (4441)
Hi LoovesAmethyst, I have goosebumps reading your respond, because I miss so many holidays and things in our country. I miss attending the early mass and the Christmas songs, that choir sings of the end of the mass! I am happy to hear that you and your mom completed the nine days of early mass. It is hard to get up early in the morning especially if you slept late. Thanks you so much for sharing and happy holidays to you.