How do you travel if your terified of planes

I want to go to Europe someday but I'm terrified of flying and I think a boat might take to long. I don't know, how long do you think a boat would take? Do they even still do that anymore?
@kedves (728)
firstly did you realise that flying is one of the safest ways to travel? anyway, it depends on how long you have for traveling. if you really can not control your fear then maybe boat to mainland and then train. there is a train i believe that goes from Asia to Europe i imagine it would be an incredible journey and you see places you would not normally consider. for myself i love flying and i wish you good luck in over coming your fear and if not enjoy the train journey and the countryside views you will see. :)
I cant seem to get over my fear dispite what ie heard about it being safer than a car or a mule. I live in California so Im not sure what way i would go about a boat. I love boats but thats a looooong ride.
@kedves (728)
sorry did not realise you live in California and yes that is a long boat ride but you can drive or train to east cost and go by ship to Europe and then travel Europe by car or train . as i said initially it depends on how long you are able to have for vacation.
Are you terrified of planes because of a bad experience or it´s just a prejudice? Have you ever been aboard a plane? If not, It´s worth trying it once and check if you are really afraid. Planes are safer than cars and they check them much better than the maintenance an ordinary car gets. Boats are very expensive and you don´t deserve missing our Europe. My sister doesn´t like planes but travels a lot foor her work and also because her two children live in Europe. So she takes an anxiety pill, brings sudokus to descypher and she says that hepls to cope. Luck. Take care
@lexus54 (3577)
I know how you feel. I know of people who are so terrified of flying they wouldn't get on board a plane, so they end up not traveling anywhere except overland by car or train. They end up only seeing their neighboring countries. But actually, air travel is one of the safest compared to other means of transport. According to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), there was only one fatal accident per two million flights last year, so statistically that's quite insignificant. What scares people though is that if they were the ones involved in the rare air accident, the consequences would often be disastrous. Somehow, you will have to overcome your fear of flying if you want to venture to Europe, Middle East or Asia, because from where you live, taking other means of transportation will be too slow and inefficient.
Haha, I think I can kinda understand you.I know a person, actually she is my cousine's aunt. She is very rich, and her husband just got their application for immigration to Canada. Do you know what happened? Because she is afraid of travelling in plane, and the distance between China and Canada is huge....Then they just end up by not going. I guess if you really like to travel in Europoe, you can try taking a plane. It's not that horrible, but it is your own choice... Best~
@maximax8 (27048)
I really love to travel and so I have to fly to get to far away destinations. I had awful ear pain of the descent to landing for ten years then I got given some ear planes to try and they totally took away all my pain. Wow! I always try to get a window seat in case I will see great views. A few weeks ago I was looking at a cruise brochure and was shocked at the prices. Your best chance is going on a cruise liner from New York to London, then you could go around Europe by train. I like a web site called Man in Seat 61 and it is about train travel. He is fully aware that some people wouldn't fly so he gives links for boats that will carry passengers. There are a few options to go on boats that are not cruise liners. The journey might take one week. Some cruise liners go from Europe to the Caribbean I have noticed. Yachting is another option so you might want to train in that. Good luck.