Do you find it difficult to speak in front of an audience?

@sudalunts (5527)
Are you a public speaker or do you get a bad case of nerves if you have to speak in front of an audience? I have no problem speaking in front of an audience, but as a human I get a case of the nerves just before, but when I start speaking I become relaxed. When is the last time you spoke in front of an audience, and how did you do?
Awhile back, I conducted a home party for a gift sales company that I was with. At first, I was really nervous until I started looking around. I saw the hostess smiling at me. It was very encouraging. I got a lot of confidence and made almost $200 that day. I wish I could find more hostesses in my area within driving distance. Turned out to be a fluke or I'd be doing home parties full time for the money.
@sudalunts (5527)
Good for you. I have been thinking about home parties, but I do not know what kind to have.
@donna22 (1120)
When I was at school I would the first day of the new term when some tecahers would tell you to stand up and talk about yourself. I didnt mind doing readings at mass or owt like that because I was reading from something in front of me so knew exactly what to say and didnt have to look at the people. Only problem there was I have a quiet voice so really had to speak up a lot.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
no, i'm not. didn't even like to give book reports in schol as good as i love to read .some people do it w/great ease & i admire them for it.it'd brrn a long time & i hope it's even longer. lol
@1hopefulman (22632)
I speak regularly in front of an audience. Not the easiest thing for me to do. I'm a bit on the shy side and I'm always a bit nervous. But do enjoy it as it does much good.
@luvstochat (6916)
I hate standing in front of an audience to give a speech. I hated it in school when you had to stand up in front of the class and talk. A public speaker I am not I could never do a job where you had to speak in front of others like that. I get really nervous and get the shakes sometimes.
@sandymay16 (1619)
I have a bad case of stage fright in grade school up to high school and a little bit in college and a little bit until now depending on who is my audience. I once had a job as a facilitator and I do trainings but I always get nervous before starting but when I already into it I get calm. I do some breathing beforehand and or occupy myself with other things.
@pkraj111 (2460)
From my childhood days I always been class leader and so had to give a speech every week in assembly. I got used to speech from then. Right now in my current job I have to give a presentation now and then. I like them as they bring recognition. The last time I spoke to audience is yesterday and it went smooth.