A boy and Girl can never be a good friends

I have heard many times people under my friends circle say that dont be attached with a girl for many years just becuase you cant be good friend for ever. All say that when they go away from your life you will feel sad than a your friend who is a guy leaving you.Is that true , I personally dont agree . Have anyone of you had this feeling ?
There are truths of it - especially if one party has a need to be loved. But if someone is already contented with the love he gets from his family, friends, or his own girlfriend, that would twist the story.
True, What I mean is that when your dear friend leaves you , may going abroad, or getting married , you are going to miss her. if its just friendship then no reason to miss her.
@bebeth (122)
i think that isnt true.. a friend in high school once courted me, i turned him down coz he is only a friend to me, after a few months, we became bestbuddies.. he is my bestfriend after years..until now..
ok that's fine. Until and and unless he is committed and stay away from you.