Using hand sanitizers or wash hands?

hand sanitizer - I am using hand sanitizers daily
@mycharm88 (2292)
Good day everyone! Usually i prefer washing my hands than using hand sanitizers specially when eating at restaurants or fastfood chains because i feel cleaner. But i am also using hand sanitizers or alcohol everyday specially when i'm at work to keep my hands clean. How about you guys? which do you prefer? thanks for sharing...
@tryxiness (4548)
I also feel cleaner when I wash hands with soap and water. Sometimes, by just using a sanitizer, it seems that the sticky part is still there.
• Jamaica
I use whatever is available at the time as sometimes there is no water. The sanitizer I use does not leave that sticky feeling. It's environmentally friendly which makes it even better.
@dandj929 (424)
I am a preschool teacher and therefore are constantly around children with colds, fevers, viruses, etc. I am constantly either washing my hands or using hand sanitizer. If I am in my classroom I generally wash my hands at the sink but if we are out on the playground I have to wipe a child's nose I use the hand sanitizer we keep in our emergency bag. I also carry a small hand sanitizer in my bag when I'm out and about and use for quick sanitizing on myself and my daughter. Luckily so far this fall I've only had a slight cold, hopefully a cold is the worst thing I catch this year, last year I wasn't so lucky, I caught the flu.
@mycharm88 (2292)
Hello dear c",) Yes, i guess it's better to have hand sanitizers close at hand to avoid the spread of virus with the children... I do hope so too that you will not catch flu this time, just always take vitamin C and lots of water too. Thanks for responding my friend c",)
@caskins (689)
hi fellow myLotter, hope you are having a good day here at myLot. I prefer hand sanitizer. i carry one in my purse and have one in my bedroom. i have 5 kids comes in handy when one becomes sick so i don't spread in germs to my one year old.
@mycharm88 (2292)
Oh yes, i am havin a good day here dear c",) That's a good idea for kids because it's more conveniet and to avoid the spread of germs. We cannot alway convince them to wash hands right? Thanks for sharing my friend c",)
@Debs_place (10525)
I prefer washing my hands especially if I am eating finger foods...but washing your hands in a restaurant washroom is the same as not washing them. I prefer hand sanitizer there. Too much traffic and not enough cleaning in those places. But I keep a hand sanitizer in my purse.
Hello . I am the old style guy maybe . I preffer to wash my hands because that`s when I feel my hands clean.
@dragon54u (31634)
I wash my hands before I prepare food and afterwards, with soap and water, and that's about the only time I wash them. I don't use sanitizer because it makes your body less resistant to germs. I haven't been sick for years! I've taken care of people with the flu and never gotten sick. I think it's because I let my body fight the everyday germs and bacteria it encounters and I'm not protecting it against every little thing. This is how the body is supposed to work.
@kun2349 (23475)
I will choose to wash my hands instead ^_^ I dun like sanitizers because i dun think they will be as clean as washing my hands.. hehe ^_^ PLus, sanitizers are not as natural.. haha ^_^ Maybe also, it's a habit since young where there are no sanitizers in the past, thus, i will prefer to wash my hands, and i like the feeling of water.. hehe
@izathewzia (5142)
I still go for hand washing. With water and soap. Than hand sanitizer. Because I feel cleaner when my hands is wash. Except if it is tired.
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
Hi dear i prefer to wash my hsands , and thats what i normally and most of time do, either at home , office or eating out trust me nothing give u so clean feeling that Hand wash can give u so keep it up, keep in touch and take care Byee
Hand sanitizers do serve a purpose, in emergency situations, or for times when there is no water. However over use of them, is causing germs to become resistant to disinfecting, and actually making illnesses more common and worse. Regular washing of hands with warm soap and water, is best, in my opinion. Plus I find the hand sanitizers to be sticky and yucky, and they certainly cant taste good if you are going to be eating something after.
I Prefer sanitizers its sound can do more faster to clean the hand, but because have none sanitizer already, so to keep my hand clean was by washing, i hope get one this sanitizers because require less water, more practical.
@elitess (5072)
• Ipswich, England
Hi there my charm :D I prefer washing hands but at times i only use a hand sanitizer if i don't have direct access to a sink or a clean source of water.