The Worst myLot Sin?

By JJ
@myklj999 (18434)
To me, it is copying someone else's discussions. I found a user today that has copied at least six discussions from other users. I'm talking the exact same title and discussion, not just the same subject. What do you think the worst myLot "sin" is?
@dizzblnd (3073)
To me the 2nd worst sin is trolling. Just because someone does not agree with you.. they take it out on your discussions. If someone doesn't agree with someone else... let them be. The world is not here to bow to one person. They should get over themselves and move on to be useful to this community.
@babyfuzz (1079)
Yeah, to each his own. We are allowed to share our opinions and give another view on the topic. But we don't have to take it personally. We have to have a balance and open minds. We are here to share what's on our mind. But we don't have to be irrational. ^^v Sometimes we have to be careful with what we say, think about it first so that what we say are of substance.
@Sheepie (3118)
I didn't think anyone would be so dim as to break that rule! Well, hopefully they will learn their lesson and not get paid for those. I really hate it when people go and lower people's ratings when they don't deserve to be lowered, but it's not the biggest "sin" here. I think it's also wrong to copy and paste articles without even giving any of their own insight on it. A lot of people get away with that, I have noticed.
@Bebs08 (10689)
hahaha sorry to hear that. I happen to post a topic which I did not research if there is another one same with the topic I posted. Sure, when I scroll down? wow!! exactly the same title I posted? I found 2 same, exact words and mine is the 3rd. Oh!! my goodness!! maybe I can be accused of copying? hahahaha but when I read the discussion of all the 3 same topics and that includes mine, they have different discussions.. Oh!! I was relieved at least not totally the same. It was just a coincidence that the topic is the same. Anyway, I heard a lot of people here complaining of their topic was copied by others. I hope I will not be accused because I did not mean to do it.
@babyfuzz (1079)
wow.. I didn't know someone actually does that. I mean, I bumped into some comments that are obviously copy-pasted from some other websites, but from here? I think that's the worst sin ever.
The worst sin, to me, would be not to ban someone who did this. To allow this person to continue stealing others works, is inexcusable. To continually rate someone negatively, for no reason other than the fact that you don't like them is another one. How do you rate these things on which is the worst?
Thanks*S*
@Margarit (3677)
I dont know if it is a sin for some mylot user dont scan or research to the previews post. They just very eager to post new discussion which is not for a moment that some have already did it. In fact it happen to me before, i post the same question exactly with other members here and i feel bad about it. But luckily i got more responses than the other for i explain it more in my subject discussion. Now i am more careful of posting new discussion for i dont want it to happen. But if it is proven that someone is copying else discussion. I think it would be a sin for we have no right to do it, and its against the law.
@pimagro24 (1046)
• Thailand
I think if copy from another site I accept but copy in mylot i not accept, I don't know about this again, I don't know what to say
@leenie50 (3992)
The worst sin is not sharing the name!! Just kidding. I will say, if it was one of my few posts, I'd want to know. How do find these things out? I think that is without a doubt the worst sin. They should be excommunicated. right? leenie
I have to agree that copying someone else's discussion is on the top of myLot sins. I really dislike that ! but one of the very rare times in my 2 yrs at myLot when I've reported a member is because of this exact sin. Plagerism is simply inexcusable. I haven't come across the discussions you're talking about yet but if I do I will report them. Hopefully others will do the same.
Speaking of plagerism! A couple of hours after I originally answered this discussion I found a myLot member who has plagerized at least 1/3 of all their discussions that I've read so far from articles on other websites. I've reported about 5 of them so far but I think I'll stop there. It takes too much time on my slow computer. Jeez why can't people think up their own topics instead of stealing from others! This member has over 900 posts, I can't believe nobody has caught and reported them long before this. Looks like the one you reported has been taken care of.
There's another that drives me nuts -- people post things that have been going around the net and foist them on us as their own. At least acknowledge the source!
@James72 (26829)
I saw this happening a few days ago but the user was deleted. I wonder if it is the same person under a different name again? This is definitely up there as one of the biggest mylot sins because they are basically trying to earn for the sake of earning and are exploiting the blood, sweat and tears of others to do it. The second ultimate sin as far as I am concerned is placing referral banners in my "Friends Comments" section on my profile. When someone does this to me I feel like screaming blue murder! And the third and final sin is concerning those idiotic users that rate people negatively just because they disagree with them on one point or another. To do that is just absolute BS. If you want to be in a community where everybody feels and thinks the same then go and join a friggin' cult!
I agree that plagiarism is the worse sin in any forum. I hope you reported each one of them!!!
@myklj999 (18434)
I did, and from all appearances the account has been wiped clean.
good!!!!
@Munchkin547 (2778)
I think copying someone else's discussion is definitely one of the worst things you can do here, it defeats the point of the whole site! It also reallsy annoys me when people post meaningless or rude responses - what's the point?! if you don't like or disagree with the discussion, either say so and give reasons why - that way there can be discussion - either that or don't respond at all!! xxx
erm that my favourite species of monkey is a spider monkey and i like to sit in a bottle on the roof! xxx
@jimbomuso (950)
hi Mykl ! Woah .. people must need the money desperatley if their willing to rip off other people's work or just plain ole greedy the sins in order of rank:- plaugarism trolling stalking(neging someone repeatedly on all their posts and previous) never replying to discussions you've started sense of humour failures but thats me being "everything would work out ok if it just did what I told it to!"
I forgot to add avatar-napping(but sometimes people choose the same popular images)
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I get my ideas from other discussions sometimes, but flat out copy? That totally sucks. If somebody doesn't have the creativity to think up their own topics or at least put it in their own words, that's lame. But the worst sin? Probably attacking people for disagreeing with them. Disagree all you want, but don't get nasty or personal about it.
Thinking you run the place, now thats a sin I can't forgive, unless your name is Mr. or Mrs. MyLot, stop thinking you run the place.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi myklj, I think that would about cover it for me! I think copying someone else's discussion word for word would do it! What could be much worse! I think that should be reported as abuse and that person should be kicked off the lot! Now why is it that the mylot admin doesn't notice that form of abuse and yet they notice more ridiculous reasons to delete discussions and bother others who basically do no real harm to others, but just express their feelings. I am just not clear on the admin's purposes when it comes to their actions, especially lately. I do hope in this particular instance that they will do the right thing and take the proper action against this particular mylotter!
@skbh12 (2950)
[b]so far i haven't copied any discussions made by other people just for me to earn here in mylot and will never do that at all. i guess that is the worst mylot sin to do in this site. it is also called PLAGIARISM. i would like to be known here in mylot as a creative person who starts up a discussion owning every bit of words written in it. i don't ever want to copy someone elses work because i know everything will come back to me in a bad way. happy posting and happy mylotting![/b]
Hi myklj999, I find tha the worst Mylot sin is that when a user had made a discussion a month ago and come back with the same duscussions again and again, and then I think hang on, I'm sure I have answered to this one before and that really annoys me, can't they find some thing else to discuss? Tamara
@worldwise1 (14887)
I have witnessed this type of thing before on myLot, myklj, and I did the right thing and reported the abuser. I don't know why these people think they can get away with such antics, but they still try. The worst thing I've had to deal with on myLot lately is being attacked by another member for an innocent post. I find it mind-boggling that these members would take the time out of their day to post a nasty response when it would be far easier to just move on to a discussion they like. If a discussion doesn't interest me I will look for one that does.