stuffy nose...

@desireeo (595)
i don't know what's wrong with me but every morning i experience stuffy nose and a lot of sneezing. i haven't had the chance to consult a doctor about it coz i don't think it's really that serious. but it's so bothersome. i would wake up early in the morning because i could hardly breathe. it's so hard to go back to sleep again. i might have inherited this from my mother. she has the same symptoms too. i hope i will not be able to pass it on to my daughter. i think i would have to take food supplement to strengthen my immune system a little bit. but one thing i've noticed when taking vitamin c pills, my sneezing gets worse. this might be my body's reaction to sudden changes? i dunno. it just irritates me sometimes because the stuffiness doesn't go away easily.
This sounds like environmental allergies to me. My mother and my sister also have them. You probably have a post nasal drip from the allergy. You may not notice it during the day because it is not a lot of mucus and it just travels down your throat without you being aware of it. At night, you are lying down, so gravity does not send it down to be swallowed, instead it accumulates in your nose and throat, so you have to sneeze/cough it out in the morning. Check your house for mold and mildew, they are very common allergens. Particularly look in the bathroom if it is close to your bedroom and has mold in it it could be really aggravating your allergy at night when you are near it. Dust with a damp cloth or other duster that collects, not scatters dust and vacuum frequently to keep the dust quantity down. Also, if you don't already, wash your sheets very frequently on the hottest setting to kill the dust mites, you can't see dust mites, but just about everyone has them in their sheets and carpet. Hope that helps.
@desireeo (595)
there are indeed a lot of dust in our house. it's very open and the windows and sometimes door are wide open everyday. we don't vacuum. we just sweep the dust and wipe the corners that can't be reached by the broom. we're very old-fashioned and are trying to save up on energy. anyways, i think this might be causing the problem. thanks! you explain it very well. how the mucus accumulates in my nose. i do try to change my sheets regularly. as of this moment my nose is killing me and my head is throbbing painfully.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
I would say that it's allergies and would take alavert or something like that. My fiance takes that for his drainage and I take it sometimes for mine, the seasons are changing as well and some people are more likely to get the sniffles because of the change. Maybe you should try taking something like that for it and see if it helps.
@desireeo (595)
nah, i don't want to maintain any kind of medecine for this, you know. i'm scared i might get too dependent with it. this occurs daily so that would mean i would take something everyday. i don't like that. sometimes, when it gets too much to endure i would take something like neozep or decolgen. i've never tried anti-allergies. maybe, i'll try your suggestion one day and see how it helps...thanks.