Does Anyone Here Have A Pay Pal Money Market Fund?

@myklj999 (21041)
I noticed this option at pay pal today and was curious if anyone had any experience with it. Can you actually earn anything from it? Has it noticably made a difference in your pay pal holdings? Any and all comments are welcome and appreciated.
@Beruang (1309)
I have never heard of that. Where is this option in PayPal or is it available only to certain countries. I am going to check my PayPal again while waiting for your reply. Thanks!
@myklj999 (21041)
It was on the first page when I signed into my pay pal account today.
@Beruang (1309)
Thanks! checking it out now!
@kenzie45230 (3560)
I sure do. It pays much better interest than any savings account you can have.
@angela38 (122)
This is very interesting to know. I have a pay pal account but not sure just how it will effect me sence i have not been able to cash out with it yet.
I've seen a few discussions started about this new thing Mike. You might search this topic and see what has been said. I know that its becoming the new investment because it takes very little capital to get started.
• Lubbock, Texas
It doesn't make a noticeable difference, but it certainly pays more than my bank pays on my savings account. I'm always surprised by the amount when I check transactions and balance. ???what is that amount for? I didn't sell anything for that amount??? second look, it's interest. It's paying 2.47% right now. Not great, but not bad either. I don't think any kind of investment is totally safe in this economy, but at least money market is a little safer than stock market.
The amount fluctuates. Sometimes it's really good!
@taface412 (3176)
Hey beaddoodler, I have been wondering about doing this myself. The site doesn't explain it so well for me, and I don't want to sign up until I understand it. so can you give me a basic overview of not only how it works, but how it will affect the paypal account...in other words can I still pull funds out while doing the money market thing on there.... Thanks.
I do have PayPal's money market account and I let my earnings from myLot sit in it and earn but any other money I would put into a money market account would be with my bank as they are FDIC insured and I do not think that Paypal funds are FDIC insured.
Yes I do and I have earned from it. When I first started with it about two years ago it was paying 5% interest but it has dropped way down but it does pay every month. So if I do not spend myLot's earnings it is nice to receive interest on them.
@myklj999 (21041)
Mine have been sitting there for two years doing nothing; I figured I should check into this, but wanted some feedback from people who had done it. Thanks.
@flowerchilde (12547)
Wow, I wish I had enough money in paypal to be eligible for a money market account with it!
@leenie50 (3992)
Hi mykl, By the way, I like your new avatar. That must be you as a child. I'm not sure what you are refering to but I think Paypal has a money market account. Of course that is just a savings account. There is a lot more to PayPal then we imagine. Now that you have brought it up, I'm going to have to check into all the ins and outs. leenie
@Chevee (5915)
I don't have one I will have to check it out. I just found out about the debit card. I don't have that either. I just have PayPal assigned to my banks checking account.
@underdogtoo (9599)
I have not been to my paypal account although I have some funds there just waiting for me to use. I do not like to use it on something trivial so it just sits there. Maybe it should earn money.
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
I have a paypal account but I have never heard of a paypal market fund. What it is all about? HOw can one enrol in it?
Hi myklj999, I don't thin I have an Paypal Money Marker Fund? what is it? I know I have an account wuth them, thats all I know. Tamara
@hiddenwing (3721)
I just opened up a paypal account. It is great to know some interesting things here. I am totally a newbie for paypal. Hope to know more
@maria_k (925)
I do and it's very good. You earn interest every money on the money that sits on your account.