Frozen Bananas With Chocolate

Have you ever tried this. It is pretty good, easy, and a more healthy snack than most. You just stick a popsicle stick into the bottom of a banana, dip it into melted chocolate, and then freeze them. I like to melt hersheys chocolate bars, to dip them in, yummo.
Oooooooooh.!!! that sounds so yummy :D I'll try it someday, bet it'll be awesome! thanks for sharing!
If you sprinkle crushed peanuts on the top, it is even better.
oooo thanks for the tip!!! i bought bananas yesterday just for this!! xD
@marciascott (25555)
that sounds very good I must try them. I have a few bananas right now. I will make them for the kids this week-end thanks for the tip!
You are welcome I hope they loved them.
Wow this sounds gr8 . I would definitely give it a try. I also like to add chopped bananas to my custard and also make banana fritters. Banana bread too is another of my favorite and I like experimenting with new and interesting recipes http://www.ifood.tv/network/moist_banana_bread_/recipes
mmmm I love banana bread too.
@underdogtoo (9599)
I love chocolate and I love bananas. it sounds like heaven to me. Cheers!!
If you put some cool whip on top it is like a sunday on a stick. I have not tried that but it sounds good.
@jillhill (37384)
That sounds wonderful! I might have to pick up some bananas tomorrow and a few hershey's bars! What a lovely healthy snack!
Yep and you dont have to ruin your diet, if you are on one, and it is a great snack for kids.
Hi melissaryth1: Wao sounds sooooooooo dilisious! I definitely will try later! I tried the food called fruit hot pot in China, it is simply put a small hot pot with all the melting chocolate in it and a lighting candle to warm the pot, and you can dip all kinds of fruit or ice cream into the chocolate, and it is very mummy!
I think they call that fondu here, or something like that. They use cheese, and other things too, besides chocolate.
I have had these before at the fair and they are awesome.
Who doesn't love fair food. Here in Florida, they dont have fairs like we had back in upstate NY. I miss it.
Hi there. They were actually selling a treat like that in a store near my elementary school and yes, it was yummy. I've never considered trying to make it at home though and now that you mentioned it, maybe I would. And melted Hersheys chocolate bars = WIN.
yes it is so easy, it is almost sinful. Why pay for it, when you can do it yourself.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I have been fixing these for years for my kids. I also will slice bananas freeze the slices then put them in snack baggies for after school, the kids love them with or without the chocolate.
That is a very good idea too. I never thought of trying that.
@kykidd (6820)
This sounds delicious...and healthy too. I was wondering, how do you melt the chocolate? Is it best to melt it in a microwave or on a stove top? Even at my age, I have never tried cooking with chocolate. Except maybe making a few chocolate chip cookies now and again. It's been forever, since I have even made those. Thanks for the tips and have a great day. Oh yeah, I like your avatar by the way!
I melt mine in the microwave, but I am sure the stove would work fine as well.
@UK_Shree (3604)
Hey that does sound pretty cool. I'm always on the lookout to make tasty healthy snacks so i'll definitely be giving this a try!