fall has fell

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
Autumn has come to Sacramento today. Two days ago it was in the 80's, now it's in the 60's and blustery and the leaves are all falling down. It's beautiful and crystal clear and the only thing I'm not fond of is how early it gets dark and how late the sun rises. But it's great weather for walking and doing things outdoors in the daytime. Better enjoy it before it gets cold (by my standards anyway) and rainy. At least we don't get snow here. I bet lots of you do...
We had a great day today. The sun was out and it was warmer than it had been in the past week. I was able to sit in the sun today. I did have slacks and a sweater on though. Summer is really my favorite time of year. ~sigh~ Autumn is very nice though. The colors of the changing leaves are splendid. Walking in the woods on a warm and sunny day is great too. The only thing I really don't like about the return of fall is the fact that winter is just around the bend.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Summer here is a bit too hot during the day, great for swimming though! But the evenings are nice in the summer...
Not too fond of the humidity. When it gets too humid, I tend to wither.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Me neither but we don't get a lot of humidity in California. "It's a dry heat." lol
@kbourgerie (8781)
After reading your discussion it made me very homesick for Santa Rosa. I miss the changing colors and the crisp mornings. The weather here is finally starting to cool down some, but there are few trees to watch change and it just doesn't feel the same. As for snow, none expected anytime soon. LOL.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Santa Rosa's not all that far from here...
Here in Central Texas, we have 3 seasons: Summer, Summer, Fall. It's October and we still have yet to see fall arrive. The leaves on the trees are trying to change, but mother nature is teasing us. However, the later part of next week, it's supposed to be here. Our lows at night will probably stay the same- if not a couple of degrees lower. Then, the days are going to be superb! The days now are nice, but still kind of humid. I'm ready for fall!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
If I were in Texas I'd be happy for fall to get there too!
@redkathy (3375)
I miss the turning of the leaves, they are so beautiful. Since moving to Florida, I get a much welcomed relief from the hot and humid summer along with the rain!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
They are very, very beautiful, but I don't do cold very well! Florida sounds lovely about now though.