When your reading intensely.. Do people realise?

@shamzy18 (2319)
What i mean is when your so in to what you are reading and you are finding it interesting and you make a serious face while you are reading does someone look at you thinking why they so interested and laugh at you? lol its happened to me, mostly when i am with friends lol
@lrglara (1343)
not really... but whenever im so concentrated on reading, i tend to ignore everybody. as in everybody. one time, my colleagues were calling me but said i've never even looked at them. i haven't even realized that they are being so noisy. i never cared. i just went on reading. :)
@shamzy18 (2319)
lol cool your like in a whole new world when reading hehe
Hi shamzy18, Yeah, that happens to me sometimes as well.And I do enjoy watching soap opera, and I will get into it too. Happy mtlotting!
@shamzy18 (2319)
yep happens to nearly everyone and is annoying hehe
@catdla1 (6005)
It's just the opposite for me. When I'm really into a book, and enjoying it, that's when my family (or pets) most want my attention. Never fails! To compensate, sometimes I grab my book and something to drink and head to the park. While there are other people there, since I don't know them, any noise is just background noise and I can ignore it. Doing this is almost as good as a mini vacation.
@shamzy18 (2319)
Lol yeah it is hard to get some peace and quiet at home though loud noise outside doesnt seem to distract us.
@thedaddym (1737)
Yeah, My wife will usually come in and laugh at me when I am really in to a book. If I like a book I will usually finish it in a couple of days. If I really get in to it I find it really hard to put down, and I guess I get really intense about it.
@shamzy18 (2319)
LOL yeah if you finish a book in a few days that shows how much you were in to it!! and your wife laughing at you just tells us something about your reading expressions hehe
@wayz12 (2059)
Well, normally when I read, I'm all by myself, usually in my room. But on the occasional moment, when I get caught reading in public, I don't really observe other people on how they react to my expression while I'm reading. I have to admit that once in a while I would read something funny, and I would chuckle or sometimes laugh out loud. Then yes, I would look around and see if anybody had notice my outburst. I guess thats the reason, why I prefer to read alone. However, since I'm such a bookworm, I usually read whenever I have time, and I guess sometimes it cannot be help that I will have an audience while reading.
@shamzy18 (2319)
Lol, Yeah like if your in your room just laughing at something in a book anyone like your family will think your laughing at yourself lol or even like talking to yourself if they dont see you reading lol.
@JannaLee (660)
I always have a serious image in my face when I'm concentrating. Whether I'm listening to my teacher, reading a book, or even when I'm just watching a movie...So people doesn't really bother about it nowadays, but people who doesn't know me gets intimidated at times due to this fact.
@shamzy18 (2319)
lol.. yeah i forgot about watching movies i have the same look on when i am really in to the movie lol
LOL nah, My hubby knows that I read and he has gotten use to it, he use to say I looked very intellegent when I was curled up reading a book. But mostly I have kids running around and can not get that engrossed into my books. I can only read for 10-15 minutes at a time noww. Which drives me nuts but when I go to bed and I really get into a book I can ignore everyone and everything...including the TV...Unless I am having a hard time getting intot he book.
@shamzy18 (2319)
lol you get distracted too much to be noticed that you are engrossed in a book lol.