So Who's Already Started Their Christmas Shopping?

@Pigglies (9339)
I decided that this year if I don't start now and go gradually, I am going to have to charge way too many items. So I've already finished Christmas shopping for my mom's gifts and I've already started on my best friend's gifts. So far I'm doing my lazy shopping first, all the stuff that I can do online. What about you, any shopping done yet? If not, you're not doing bad because it is only October still. I used to start Christmas Eve and I rarely start before December 1st generally.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I wouldn't have except that I purchased some dolphin earnings for my Aunt for her birthday from Plum Island silver and saw a pair of humming bird earrings I thought my mom would like. For both pairs + shipping, I paid $6.55! Delivered in a just a few days
@Pigglies (9339)
Oh those sound cool! My mom loves dolphins so I've often gotten her presents with dolphins. But this year I didn't see anything with dolphins that was different enough from what I've bought her in the past.
@sedel1027 (17854)
Go check the site it is http://www.plumislandsilver.com/default.aspx? It is a wholesale site BUT you don't need a business tax id to get an account and they don't charge extra unless you drop ship. I don't know how different they are, but I wanted to get my aunt something small since we don't have a lot of cash.
@Pigglies (9339)
Oh that place is cool, thanks for the link! They do have some nice dolphin earrings, but I noticed they also have giraffe earrings which I don't think I've ever seen anywhere. And my mom loves giraffes. She might just end up with another present.
@chiaeugene (2226)
wow, u must be doing pretty well. for me, not yet as economy is killing lots of us and we are waiting to see how badly affected are we. maybe i will draw up a plan but not buy them yet as i am confident economy will not do well and the outlets will have a lot of promotions to draw us in with great discounts (i hope)
@Pigglies (9339)
Actually, I'm shopping early because I'm not getting as many hours at work lately. So in order to buy a present for everyone on my list, I need to spread out the shopping otherwise by December I won't have enough money to buy everyone a present. I'll still go to those crazy early morning sales most likely, but I'm shopping for the people that I know I never find good sales for. Although, I did have a free shipping coupon for one of my mom's presents.
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I am doing some for the grand kids. I am getting all the kids done first. I will then start working on all the rest. I always like to have an early start because it gets here too quick.It takes alot of stress off not to wait untill the last minute
@Pigglies (9339)
That is so true! I am usually very stressed out when I wait for the last minute and I don't even have a whole lot of people to shop for. My mom's present is always the most stressful. So now that I am done with that one, I am overjoyed!
I bought my boyfriend's parents their gifts so far, since I will be staying with them in Sweden for Christmas (they live there), though I still have to figure out what I will get my boyfriend, I have until December 6th to figure that out. I am going to get all of my families gifts while I am in Europe, I am sure that I will find a lot of interesting things while I am there for sure, especially when we go visit Spain for a couple of days. I will have a month to get them some neat stuff, it will be a lot of fun to look for things to buy, I am excited!
@Pigglies (9339)
Oh that sounds fun! If I was going to travel I would definitely buy all my gifts in other countries too.
@suspenseful (40316)
I have my husband's birthday coming up and also my sons's in November. I am going to wait until December and then I will do it then. I was planning to order online, but now the dollar has gone down in Canada, so the things that I want will cost more and so I will have to go to the Mall again.
@Pigglies (9339)
The dollar has gone down here as well. So sometimes I used to buy items from other countries for my friends since I do a lot of online shopping. But not this year. But as long as I buy stuff from the U.S. it's not bad. Or maybe Canada wouldn't be bad either if the dollar has also gone down there. My brother's birthday was this month, but I gave him a homemade present... just a loaf of banana bread. He is one of those people who already has everything, but he likes things that he cannot buy and cannot make himself. My mom's birthday is soon after Christmas so I tend to do that shopping at the same time. And I got that out of the way already too. I am good this year, hehe. But now I'm out of money for awhile so further Christmas shopping has been postponed.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I've gotten about half my gifts made, and have just come up with an idea for more to make. I only buy a few every year for those who are hard to make for.
@bowtieguy (5927)
I started a couple of weeks ago, I always make a list back in august of everyone I need to shop for and over the weeks i wil start to list things I want to get for them in a seperate column. I wait till about the third or forth week of september and get to work on it. Right now I have gotten just a few people out of the way, but plan to go out again this week and get somemore things.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I have started buying little things. At least we will have a little something under the tree.