I Am So Frustrated With My Tummy. What Should I Do?

I just noticed that my tummy is getting bigger. I wanted to resolve this issue but as much as possible, I do not want to take diets pills and the likes. Can you tell me about an effective exercise that will make the tummy flatter? Something that I can do in the office? I am working in a call center and I want to be able to use some of my spare time exercising in my station. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.
@roniroxas (10576)
first eat fruits. you can eat fruits all day and it will not make your tummy big or bloat. you can tuck your tummy? i mean it is like holding your breath in and you can feel your tummy going in. it is one of a good exercise for your tummy. tuck it in and hold it for five seconds. then do it as often as you can. this will make your muscles firm. hope this works for you.
Well let me try that and if it brings out positive results, I will take pictures of my "then" improved tummy and post it here. LOL.
@roniroxas (10576)
you can actually do that any where at anytime. you can do that while walking or even while commuting. you can hold your breath while your tummy is tuck longer than five seconds as long as you can. goodluck i hope this will really work out for you happy tummy tucking
@myhllim (272)
I'm having same problem with my tummy. And I like your idea of holding breath in and have the tummygoing in. It is easy and convenience to do. I definitely will try this one. Hope this works for me!
I am kidna having the same problem:)). It`s very common because of the unbalanced diet we all have. I guess a proper eating habbit and a little exercise would do the trick, you should search an youtube some hindu exercises for the abdomen, they are very good i`ve heard.
I've searched for the Hindu exercises. They seem interesting. Thanks.
@abd264 (21)
hi friend i think there is nothing to be worried about your tummy you can reduce it at anytime .just keep indulged in any of your favourite hobby which involves your phisical movement
I appreciate that. It would truly be nice to do something that you would enjoy and at the same time, make you shape up.
@KUSHANK55 (2437)
provide little more details about you!! i may recommend you something!!
What details would you like to have?
Eat fiberous food and lot of water. And start doing abcrunches(pilates). Start with ten and increase acco. to your comfort but never discontinue. It will help. If you know YOGA then practise it. It will give you long term effects.
I've done research about water. I've found out that drinking 8 glasses of water a day will not be enough if you want to lose weight. There should be more than 8 glasses. Thanks for the comment.
@jillann (780)
Hi friend! We have the same dilemma. I'm a programmer and I am always sitting in front of my laptop. These type of jobs are really stressful and takes lot of your time. I believe stress is also causing me to become big. I have tried several diet pill, unfortunately they're ineffective and also cause tummy and body aches. We must still resort to the natural way of slimming down. Which means, we need to eat healthy food and as much as possible do exercise. Yes... I know it sounds hard to do and boring, so try to make it as fun as possible. Like me, I do aero-tae-bo or slendance.
Hmm maybe I will continue with my ballroom dancing lessons. It's something that I will not find boring. Thanks.
@rangics (1335)
I know something that is really very effective but needs to be done in a place where you can lie comfortably...not advisable in an office type. Sit-ups and CONSISTENCY of doing it..It just take patience really pal. Little by little try to stop drinking sodas because it's one of the big factor our tummies get bigger and bigger. Goodluck pal.
Goodbye sodas...huhu. Maybe I will just take sodas occasionally. Thanks for the comment.
@magojordan (3254)
I suggest you go jogging and do crunches everyday. If you're looking something to do in the office maybe you should stand every now and then and always sit properly so that the tummy will always be flat. Of course with proper diet and exercise you need not worry about your tummy.
Amazing tips. Thanks for what you've shared.
@rsa101 (15608)
• Quezon City, Philippines
I guess age and the kind of work you are in is causing that tummy to bulge. Being in a call center and sitting the whole day could trigger your tummy to grow big. They also say that stress can be a big factor in becoming obese or overweight. The only thing that you can realy is having physical exercise when given the opportunity. If you can afford to buy WII fit it may be able to help you reduce your weight plus its fun along the way in the comforts of your own home.
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks a lot.
I am glad that you are active in Mylot again. I think doing sit-up will be effective to have a firm tummy. I love China
I think I will be active again because I was able to fix my schedule. Many of my friends deleted my name already. I am glad that you are still there.
@coffeeshot (3786)
There's not much you can do about it besides hard work. There is no magic pill or exercise that will get rid of your tumy. Sit ups! When you get home from work every day go for a walk or a jog for 20 minutes, come home and do 100 sit ups. Also, do you drink fizzy drinks? They make your stomach fat. It's a lifestyle change, you have to cut out the junk and the fatty foods and drinks and exercise more, simple as that.
Guess what. I just took your advice. I am doing sit-ups now while reading the comments.
@aj2006 (1536)
Hello dear friend! Nice to see you around today! I believe that keeping fit and healthy is a must nowadays, especially for working moms!LOL! just good healthy habits and exercise will do,, I don't know if some high tech gadgets can help..heheh! have a great day!
I am sure that high tech gadgets can somewhat help. The problem is the price. LOL. Thanks for sharing.
I heard if you have more fiber in your diet and you poop more, it actually helps. Also pilates helps :)
Sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna find some good source of fiber. Thanks.
@4mymak (1796)
howdy, you're not the only one... i have been looooong frustated with my bulgy tummy... try to do exercise that 'will tone the muscles'... but will normally give up soon after i strart.. i look forward to responses for this discussion... maybe i can learn something also..
Oh I really wish both of us will learn a lot of techniques here. Good luck and cheers to us.
@Tobikins (12)
Well, for people who have kids, simply playing games outside with them can give you some exercise and strengthen your bond with them. Your best bet would be to run at least 3 times a week, just running to the store or around the block, simply running to the kitchen can even help.
Wow thanks for the tip. Quality time with kids plus staying fit. Makes a lot of sense.
@MissGia (955)
If you have the money or can find one on Ebay..Get an Ab Lounge. I have one and i've been using it for a while. I've noticed a slight change in my tummy as well. When you sit on the floor to do crunches your limited on the ablounge you can extend up and down and it's much easier on the back.
@jb_vete (323)
Hi MissGia! I'm curious with that Ab Lounge. I'll check that out.
I've searched for it at eBay Philippines. It costs 3000 pesos. It looks interesting. Thanks.
What I recently bought is a stationary bike and waiat twiater.
@jb_vete (323)
Hi! There are a ot of procedures for a flat tummy. There is medical, that is the taking of pills. Several slimming pills like Xenical which i believe are really effective are available over-the-counter. But i would suggest that you research first the counter effects of these pills. It would also be better if you could first interview other people or those you knew who have been taking the pill you have chosen. From there you will have an idea of the possible effects on you. There are also surgical procedures for that. You can have a liposuction. If you can afford, consult your doctor for that. I think with this, it's like magic. Now you enter the clinic and when you go out go already have that flat tummy you've been wanting. One thing is exercise. The natural way to burn your unwanted fat deposits. For me, this one is best. Aside from cutting off those fats, there are still other health benefits that you will get. A "sit-up" exercise i think is best. But i've heard there is a correct way in doing this kind of exercise. And if you're doing it the wrong way, you may fracture the backbone. It's scary, so instead of doing it you way, it's better that you enroll yourself in an exercise class so that you will be guided by an instructor. Or simply you could just cut-off your calorie intake and be conscious of your diet. More fruits and vegetables is advisable. I guess you also have to limit salty foods. That wil really make you bloat.
I also believe that exercise and diet are still the best methods. Your comment is very helpful. Thanks a lot.
@uu4h708 (638)
hi! try doing the inhale-hold-while-tummy-is-tucked-in thing when your commuting or while in your workstation... and do crunches/situps (try doing 5 first then slowly add 5 more as you do it per day) before eating, before and after sleeping, or whenever you feel comfortable... and if you have spare time, try jogging coz that will tone other parts of your body and strengthen your heart muscles as well. and of course, eat a healthy diet (more fiber rich foods).. less coke.. less cold water... and dont slouch on your workstation... not because its an exercise, but because slouching makes the big tummy more pronounce... n_n
I am doing your tip. Hoping to see improvements in the coming days. Thanks.