Has anyone waited to put their 4 or 5 year old in school at the last minute?

I should have listened to my hubby when he told me that we should have went ahead and put our son in prek. At that time our son was 4 1/2 and his cousin who happens to be 4 1/2 now will soon be 5 next week of October, which is the same month as my son who was born the beginning of the month. So, they did graduation at my sis n law's daycare in which he and my son should have been there. Now they are both in a situation where their graduating class is gone and they are stuck at daycare with 2- 3 yr old preschoolers. My son is just getting his 5 year old checkup and update of shots which I never realized he had to have 4 yr old shots back in july of this year. So, when he goes to the clinic tomorrow he will have to get his 5 yr old check up done and shots he missed when he was 4 in order for him to be enrolled into prek. Also, next month of November he has to get shots done which its nothing for me to worry about because he didnt miss them. I am hoping someone on here is in the same shoes as I.
@lilybug (21182)
My son only had part of a year of head start which is kind of like preschool. I really wish I would have gotten him into head start sooner and he would have had more time in a school type setting before he started Kindergarten. My daughter is only 20 months old right now, so she has a little while to go before it is an issue. I was told by the preschool coordinator that as far as skills go she is ready for preschool already, but they will not let her start for another year.
Man I am sorry to hear that about your daugther having to wait like that. Thanks for your response.
@jammyt (2824)
In our country, pre schools are opening left and right for children as young as two years old. Aside from these schools being unreasonable expensive, I personally would not enroll my child at this age. I know some do this for their children to socialize. For me, my child might get a tad bit too tired of school if he goes this early. Also, I think the best age for them to start schools is around 4 and a half or 5 years old. this way, they already have a sense of "responsibility" and would easily listen to their teachers.
Thank you so much for that. To get update of my son just turned 5 like 2 weeks ago and he has gotten his shots updated, plus we are gonna take him to get his physical and get the paperwork to the school he will be going to. Hope there is still an opening for him. Again thanks for the comment.