I must be nuts!!!

So I'm watching TV and flipping through channles. I came upon the TLC channel which is documenting a new mom and her baby. The newborn baby was so adorbable, I forgot how tiny and fragile they are. My youngest is 9 months old now, he's huge compaired to newborns. Oddly enough I'm actually thinking in the back of my head how nice it would be to have a newborn baby again. Someone seriously needs to knock that thought right out of my head!! LOL Are you done having kids? Do you ever sometimes think about having another, even though you know you're done? What do you do to stop yourself from wanting another baby?
@gemini_rose (16194)
Yes I am through having children, I had the choice taken away from me after the birth of my fourth daughter, this was down to health complications that are still ongoing. I had to have a hysterectomy so there was no choice for me. I expect had I been healthy I would have gone on to have another. I am happy with the four that I have though now and realise that there is more to my life than to keep having children, good job really seeing as I cannot have anymore. Although I was considering fostering at one point, but I have no room for anymore!
Yes I remember you having a discussion once about seeing a baby and sort of wishing you were able to have more. I remember feeling the same way before I found out I was pregnant for my youngest. At the time I thought I wasn't able to get pregnant because hubby had been fixed, and of course I don't plan on being with anyone but him. Then I ended up having another baby. Well it was a blessing of course. But I feel like you did then when you started that discussion. I don't really want anymore, because I know I'm not capable of handling a 6th child, but at the same time I'm sad that I can't have another. I guess we just have to settle in and wait for the gramma days. That's a toughie though... we want our kids to wait awhile before having their own babies, but we're also so excited about being grandparents.
@mommyboo (13198)
That's the thing, Kat. I could still have more children if I wanted, I am biologically able to and so is my husband, we just are responsible birth control users. I think I will be very sad when we get to the point where we aren't fertile any more, even if we are done having kids. I'm a choices person, I always like to have choices even if I would never make them. Losing a choice is never easy for me.
@gemini_rose (16194)
thanx for B R! Xxx
@sacmom (14315)
Well if your nuts then I am too! LOL I so want to be done with having kids. My two are 11 and 8 years old. But my husband wants us to have a 3rd child and I have agreed to it. How nutty is that? No need to answer the above question as I already know the answer!
I have 5 kids, debating my 6th. LOL You don't look the least bit nutty here.
@sacmom (14315)
Well thank you. But I'm sure there are others out there that would think I am crazy to try, considering one of my children is autistic. Me included.
@GreenMoo (11842)
I had a birthday recently and it suddenly made me think about biological clocks and having another baby. It's most odd, as I never really thought about it before. It's really not a sensible thing to do though! Imagine - 'Hey honey, we live in a house held together with scaffolding, we have no money and live in a state of complete bedlam. What could we do to make life easier?' 'Tell you what, let's have a baby!! Yey!!' Perish the thought! We could be a mutual no more babies support group if you want and send each other stories of broken nights and baby sick to put each other off in moments of weakness if you want ... ;-)
LOL I hear ya. Last night was a good indicator for me. My son has not been sleeping well at all these past few nights, and I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night, between 1am and 5am. Of course hubby and I were fighting this morning due to our lack of sleep, and my head hasn't stopped throbbing all week!
@ersmommy1 (12600)
As you know I am about to have my second and LAST child. Newborns are wonderful. But they don't stay that way. I know this will be my last. For 3 reasons 1. My age 2. My health it is becoming somewhat dangerous. 3. Finances. We can only stretch so thin.
After I had my twins I never could have imagined actually wanting another. The pregnancy was the absolute worst a woman could ever go through. Then the emotional and financial aspects. I just knew I would never be able to handle another child. When I found out I was pregnant again I wasn't happy about it. My doctor actually put me on meds because I was so against the thought of being pregnant, the docs were afraid I was going to do something to hurt myself. I honestly never accepted it until the baby was born, and of course the moment I laid eyes on him I was hooked. My last pregnancy was a bit different. I didn't expect to be able to get pregnant cuz hubby was fixed, but as soon as I found out I was, I was happy about it. Nervous and worried about how I'd manage 5 kids, but still happy and excited. I'm not going to actually try to get pregnant again, but if it happens (Lord knows anything is possible with me) then I will be happy about it. Part of me will be sad that I have to put off my plans for my own life for a bit longer, but I will be happy to have another baby.
@lilybug (21148)
I am done having kids. I have 2. One boy, one girl. I had my tubes tied after my daughter was born, so I can't have anymore either. My brothers wife is having a baby soon, so if I really feel like I want one I could always just go over and hang out with him.
We went the whole "getting fixed" route too... then ended up with our 5th! I don't have the luxury of someone else's baby to cuddle unfortunatly. I'll never be an aunt or godmother... I just keep looking forward to being a gramma.
Hi, It is happy for enyone to want another baby,but we must give the best stuff to all the kids!It is hard to have another baby in China!Thanks for your discussions!!
@mommyboo (13198)
I think about it once in awhile. There are times I miss having a newborn but there are so many other things for me to consider. First of all, eventual retirement for my husband.... space in our home, lack of sleep, the potential of needing a minivan, more diapers, more nursing. I have a lot of friends who have or had newborns. I love to see the babies and hold the babies but I can stop myself from thinking about it more than momentarily . I will admit though if my husband wanted more, I would seriously think about it. Mostly we are done because we have 3 kids (one is grown) and he doesn't really want any more or have to have us start over with more interrupted sleep, diapers, etc. It would also do a number on my back-in-shape-for-two-years body lol.
@ravinskye (8242)
We're done having kids but I still think about having one. My sister is trying to get pregnant again so that makes me want to. And her friend just had a baby and she was showing me pictures and that made me want to also! I'm thinking we might adopt at some point.