Have you ever woke up with a swollen eye?

A couple weeks ago, I woke up with a really sore eye. I didn't think anything about it, at first. But, it hurt so much when I blinked. Finally, I looked in the mirror and saw that my lower eye lid was swollen just a little bit. The swelling started just a day after I cleaned out my central ac filter and then ran the fan. I guess there were irritants blowing around in the air and that caused an allergic reaction in my eye. Or, maybe some type of infection. Since then, I haven't turned the fan on, again. The swelling got worse and worse and lasted for about three days. It's gone now! Thankfully. But, it was really scary. Have you ever woken up with a swollen eye or had a severe (and mysterious) allergic reaction to something.
@fwidman (11515)
The last time I awoke with a swollen eye it was from a spider bite. How that critter bit me and didn't wake me up is beyond me. It did go away in a day or so, but it was hard to see since it bit me in my good eye
Oh, you poor thing! I can empathize. I got a spider bite when I was a kid and it temporarily paralyzed my arm. Lasted about thirty minutes. I was screaming the entire time in pain.
@fwidman (11515)
A paralyzed arm would scare the daylights out of any kid. I would have been screaming too
And, you know, the weird thing is that I saw it coming. I was outside with my brothers in this little shed we stored stuff in. And this tiny spider (almost microscopic) swung down at me and I batted it away. I didn't understand the concept of the spider web. So, I thought it was gone. Anyway, about five minutes later the pain set in and my brother got me into the house.
This has never happened to me, but it is funny that you would start this discussion today. A friend of mine just walked in here, and we had a coffee. She woke up with some kind of an eye problem that caused the area around her eye to turn an interesting shade of blue. I still can't believe I stumbled across this discussions NOW! LOL
That's really weird! This happened to me awhile back, and it just occurred to me today to post it. Maybe she was having an allergic reaction too.
happens to me-it's usually a stye caused by allergies. i woke once with my left eye horribly swollen-like i'd been punched,and that's what it was.2 styes in there.