Ripped off your belongings, money, materials, comfort - what will you do?

@mimpi1911 (25454)
Suppose, one day you wake up find that you are ripped off all your material belongings except your house. No money, no comfort, not even any tea leaves left to prepare your morning tea! What will you do? Will you be broken, never to gather your composure or brave it out? [i]PS: This is scary isn't it? But guess what, I just dreamed that! The fear of living with meager, the fear of being underprivileged is intimidating![/i]
@sweetie1026 (1723)
That would be so terrible and frightening my friend. I mean, though now i am not that priviledged at least i have 3 meals a day. I have clothes to wear with a little of everything i need plus a little comfort too. I consider myself a lot lucky than other people. But while, i have these things and i have a steady job to support my girls, i still do encounter difficulties in my everyday life and needs. What more if i lose everything? I thing i would brave it out and start all over again. It will be very difficult but i have to, i have my girls who depend on me.But the situation you have mentioned is pretty scary.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Hi sweetie, I would never want this to happen to anyone, ever. This is indeed scary. I know you are doing agreat job supporting yourself and your girls and I wish you luck always. Trust me, my wishes are with you. Yo are a lovely person and I am glad that we have met here. Thanks for being my friend.
Thank you my friend. I too, am glad to have met you on here, really appreciate your kindness. I wish you all the luck too. I hope that everything stays good with you always. Take care my friend! Sure am glad that we are friends!
@mimpi1911 (25454)
You are one of the most sweet person, I met. Thanks for being my friend. Take care and be happy always.
@James72 (26832)
I will work it out mimpi and I KNOW I will work it out because I have pretty much faced something like this already in my life! The best thing of all about a situation like this is that although panic sets in initially, over time you come to realize how unimportant all of these material things actually were in the first place. The simpler things in life move to the forefront in terms of gratitude and appreciation and when the time comes that you do end up back on your feet you come to respect what you have so much more than you ever did before. Being underpriveleged has absolutely nothing to do with material possessions in my opinion.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
So well said, I really appreciate. Life is but these hurdles and certainly material things are nothing at the end of the day. Inner peace is all that is important for me. I live simple life, try to be happy and do my mind, live by my values. I think, that's what keeps us going.
@alokn99 (5717)
It sure is scary, because of the basic comforts that we have always been priveledged to have. So often we reach a panic situation if there is a day without some of these these basic necessities. A day without water, gas supply runs out and there are so many instances. Just thinking back to those instances and how we reacted , sure gives us some jitters. Imagining a situation being left with nothing at all , a difficult ,daunting and seemingly impossible one. Most would give up on life or atleast would think of doing so. Having said this Mimpi, Based on my personal experiences, the human spirit is one which will always keep us going. We have and will survive. All we need to have is faith,trust and the determination to keep going. Take a look at the very underpriveldged around you and see their determination. Intimadating and impossible as it may seem , ever faced with such a situation, survive and fight it out I will.I'm pretty sure of that.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
It's so scary, I tell you. It was a just a dream. I think dream of vulnerability and uncertainty. I felt bad, hollow and it was a killer! JUst imagine to wake up one day like that. How will you plan it out? Ordinary people donot have insurance. It's really difficult to stand out from that position. But this is a reality. For some its a slow process and they do not feel impact straightway. But for some this happens in one big shot. A huge fall in the graph. Being deprived of the basic necessities in life is the most terrible thing to happen. And I wonder how people survive in such situations. Don't you think we humans, are just amazing with uncanny power to adapt, modify and metamorphose into whatever we are into! This is but 'Struggle for existence'.
@alokn99 (5717)
Although we wish that this never happens to anyone, this does sometimes remind us of the many uncertainities of life. A recent example would be the recent global turmoil in the stock markets or those affected by natural disasters. Some do not take it well,but a lot of them rise from the dust. It's a dream Mimpi, an unpleasant one ,serving some reminders about things we need to be grateful for and sometimes awakening us .Do not dwell into it too much and think about happy and positive things. Keep smiling always
@mimpi1911 (25454)
That's such a panicky situation. What a financial turmoil it is! So many people laid off. 'Financial Tusunami' in the true sense. Just imagine the plight of those who are sacked over night! I can understand the crises all over the world but there should be a proper rule to go about it. I am sad!
@dpk262006 (56109)
LOL! Please do not scare us like it. It is horrifying to think about losing our material things and all comforts. We are so used to our material things and comforts that we cannot think about a day of life, when we could be deprieved of the same. If at all it happens, I'll have no option but to regain my composure, as and when I'll be able to gather, may be after few days or weeks and re-build and re-start again the whole process. If we are deprived of everything, we will have to do something or the other for our survival and if our family is also along with us, it might become all the more an uphill task. But it is said that "a man does not use all his energies and potential, till he is pushed to a corner". So when such a situation arises, we will come out like a phoenix. Very Good Post!
@mimpi1911 (25454)
You are a positive person and I know even though it would be difficult you would come out of it soon. Trust me, we never know what's going to beget us when. Like the global economic crisis, people are left homeless and jobless in no time! They were over enthusiastic and now have learned a lesson the hard way. God bless you, us.
@dpk262006 (56109)
Let us hope for the best and be prepared for the worst. Hopefully, this kind of situation may never surface and we could leave peacefully.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
I am an optimist, all the way.
@Roseo8 (2947)
Hello Mimpi...you mean you had such a dream ,just now,in the middle of the afternoon...Well the best remedy for such things is not to fall asleep after your afternoon meals,then you won't be disturbed by such baseless dreams..... Well jokes apart,I havent as yet thought of such a situation in my life.But I am a practical person and don't get easily scared.I guess my first priority is to make some money to buy tea leaves,etc,etc.....There are numerous options...but the easiset is having some paying guests in my house,getting advance from them,and tiding over my finacial crisis....see its simple.... Yes I sympathise with the under privileged.We can try to help them,but dreaming of one day finding ourselves in their shoes,is to be shrugged off as a meaningless dream...*smile*....For your information Mimpi dear..I can start using the emoticons only after I cross 200.....see I am one of the of the underprivileged in mylot......and its not a dream.!!
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Hi Rose You are indeed very poised and practical. May be you have some more years of experience. It is tough though. We must rather empathize with the underprivileged and I am trying to do that with you right now. Poor you! *laughs*
@Roseo8 (2947)
Thanks for your empathy Mimpi.........Its not easy starting from scratch,all over again...with no stars ,no emoticons , but only a few friends who are helping me pull through all this.......
@mimpi1911 (25454)
I Know it's difficult but we are glad that you are back. Missed you a lot dear. Have fun and happy mylotting.
@drannhh (15044)
uhhhh, Mimpi! That is why we have insurance and I don't drink tea. You dreamed that happened to you?
@mimpi1911 (25454)
hahaha... Do you drink coffee? Then that's excluded as well.
@drannhh (15044)
Nopers, Mimpi, I don't drink coffee either. Rflmao. I don 't even dream that I am drinking coffee. Never did like the stuff, except occasionally to flavor chocolate cake or a bit over ice cream.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
yums...
@cupid74 (11395)
• Pakistan
Hi Dear Sure its scary and worst nightmare. But if u have house and family, then i am sure one can manage it just think about people, who lost every thing even home and whole family. i just witness in 2 yrs back in OCtober when earthquake hit northern area and it was terrible i am glad for u, it was dream and i surely hope and pray that it will not come true take care
@mimpi1911 (25454)
I agree cupid. Being with the family is the greatest ting to happen and together we can live happily. Yes, I am lucky that it was just a mere dream. The people who are ripped of their belongings and family in one shot ae so unfortunate. My heart goes out to them.
@cupid74 (11395)
• Pakistan
Yeah u r very right Wish u all the best stay safe
@williamjisir (22905)
Hello mimpi. It is to imagine how the feeling will be if everything is ripped off from anyone. But I know that it seldom happens though there is such a chance for someone who bankrupts from his business. Good dreams and good luck to you, dear mimpi.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Practically, it's not really possible but you never know. but I think, thinking of these dire situations makes us weak. We must not think that way. Thanks.
@JOIEMARVIC (2342)
That would be pretty hard,but i guess i will seize the opportunity of not having anything to pursue my plan to go on a fasting.I have long planned to do it but my work requires a lot of energy so i can not start on my fasting.I need to do a "clean up" in my body so i am planning to go on a liquid diet(water only) for a day or two.but if i have kids at home i would seek ways to provide food,drinks and comfort for them.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Great! Joie you will materialise on this, good. You have a hopeful approach towards life. And I do hope the best for you and your family.