Does your personal paypal account charge fees for each transaction?

Malaysia
Recently, I sent two payments to my referrals. According to them, they were charged fees. I remember checking to make sure that the word premier didn't show up when sending the payments but surprisingly, they got charged. Do you experience the same problem? How did you solve it?
@satyakam (1112)
Hi curious as per my experience if any body will accept credit card payemnt then some percentage will be cut but not from pay pal transfer ,if an account is premier then it will happen.Because i have one premier account whenever i accept any payemnt from paypal some percentage paypal keeps.
I know. But some of our members got charged and their accounts are personal. I sent cash, not from credit card. That's why I find it weird. :(
@psspurgeon1 (1109)
I seem to remember from when I was ebaying all the time that it does charge for recieving money. It wasn't very much though. I don't think there's anything you can do about it as far as I know it's just their rules.
@redkathy (3375)
What do you think about them charging .34 on one dollar? That's what they charge to receive money. It's 2.9% plus a nickle. I think it's too much for receiving such a small amount.
@sirrob (4112)
i think they will charge if the payee is not within US states. i think it is just the same when you got paid or received payments from company outside US.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I haven't sent payment to people, but I know that there is a way that you can be charged the fees. I think this is only when paying mass payments through paypal though.