Where did you learn most of your skill and other abilities?

Malaysia
I think I learn it mostly by myself, trial and errors. I do go to some college but after you did get out of it not most of the things you learn applied in the real world. I guess the experience factor is the best way to learn. How about you guys?
mainly .. the school of hard knocks. I've learned thru mistakes.
Trial and errors make the most of it. Mistakes make us realized the other ways in learning something. have a nice day my friend.
@kykidd (6823)
I am one of those people who has to learn the hard way. LOL It seems I try to do something and it doesn't work out right, then I find out if I would have just listened, I would have been able to do it right the first time. But seriously, I learned a lot of what I know from different jobs that I have had through the years. Yeah, I went to vocational school and graduated after high school, but I really haven't used that knowledge much for the last 10 or 15 years. Most of that just basically helped me get my first job. As far as finance and real estate, cars, etc. I learned it all from work experience. I think it is good for people to work in different fields. It helps them to expand their horizons. At least it has for me. Great discussion. Hope you have good evening!
Thanks, looks like the more field of job makes the experience broader. It's funny that sometime we don't used even 20% of what we learn during our student days. Best of luck to you..LOL and have a nice day.
@aisaellis22 (6449)
I think i learn most through reading a lot of books. Eversince I have been a bookworm that's why my abilities in writing keeps on improving. Try to observe and differentiate a person who reads a lot of books and who rarely read. You will find out that the person who read a lot is more informative and knows a lot than a person who doesn't. But still experience is the best way for us to learn. And you are right, trial and error is one of the best way in learning and improving. happy mylotting!
Yes I do agree with that to. Reading can gain such knowledge about something. Sometime experiences is also necessary to accomplished what we had learn from the books. In other words reading and doing it sharpens the skills. Thanks and have a nice day.
through experience and exploring that you hone your skills and abilities... keep on trying, keep on exploring... and discover more in life
my abilities were discovered when i was in college, since i was a working student, i was exposed to many kinds of works that we needed to accomplish. i learned to trouble shoot computers, i learned a lot about the internet and did some secretarial tasks. i became a leader after many years because i knew how to serve and by that many of them saw my potential as a department president. i learned through my experiences as a working student than what my teachers taught me.
@Holv03 (535)
I have a lot of my skills and other abilities by experience and also by being very visual on a lot of real world things. I agree on the comment you made that the best way to learn is by experience because you first have to go throught something to see what is all about and you will end up learning a lot from it no matter what it is.