Electrical Shock.. Experienced it???

India
October 18, 2008 8:50am CST
Hi everyone. Have you ever experienced Electric Shock?? Just a few minutes back I experienced it. Oh my God!! I had the effect in my whole body. We just put one of our Electrical lamp in charge. I touched the lamp and I felt a terrible shock. My hands are actually numb. Still paining. Have you experienced it??? How did you feel???
3 people like this
18 responses
@blue60 (29)
• Canada
18 Oct 08
I have been shocked alot, after the about 10 or 12 times it don't hurt as much. I dont recommend it to anyone.... last week I got a shock and I barley noticed it if you have a bad heart try to avoid it as it could cause your heart to go out of rhythm (Heart Attack) if you experience chest pain or a tingling in your left arm go to the Hospital.
• India
19 Oct 08
Yup. I am fine now. I do agree with your point. Weak hearted persons definitely can't bear the mild shock as well. Happy to have your response. Happy mylotting.
• United States
18 Oct 08
I hope you got rid of that lamp! I've gotten shocked a couple of times. Once, when I was young, I was unplugging the hairdryer from the wall and tried to get a better grip on the plug when it was partially out of the wall and accidently touched the metal prong, more of a scare than anything else. A few years ago, in a house we were renting, the ground wire for the electric stove was cut while they were doing work under the house, later I touched the stove and the metal counter at the same time and got a shock. Then the electricians denied that they had cut the wire and told the landlord it was the stove, so he bought a new stove and installed it, and then it shocked me, too! I called the electricians the second time and gave them a piece of my mind about being too lazy to come and check out the problem. Seriously, if my hands had been wet, or I had a weak heart, it could have been a much worse shock or even killed me!
• India
19 Oct 08
I had similar problems too. We had some electrical problems in our home. The problem is that when we switch on a light, the PC gets restarted. Some major defect was there. So while working with my PC I do feel some shock. If we call the electricians they just postpone it and will come only after 3 or 4 days. We will only have to be careful. Better to use rubber slippers at home. Take Care. Happy to have your response. Happy mylotting.
@karmendra (1123)
• India
18 Oct 08
many times,, when i was a child i experienced it.. it felt the wave in my whole body..
• India
19 Oct 08
Me too felt the same way. Could not forget this. Happy to have your response. Happy mylotting.
• India
18 Oct 08
hi i too experienced while assembling my friend's PC in my hand its very effecty
• India
19 Oct 08
Yup. We will have to be careful while handling with electronic items. Happy to have your response. Happy mylotting.
@sumiirajj (1983)
• India
18 Oct 08
Hi friend,I have experienced many times but not big ones.Very mild ones.When I was very small I inserted a steel stick inside the plug point and got a shock but not affected much and many times very mild ones from an electric iron box.When small we are very curious to experience an electric shock.We want to know how the current shock would be without knowing the consequences.Everyone would have experienced atleast a mild electric shock in life.Thanks for sharing.happy mylotting.
• India
19 Oct 08
I have also had mild shocks so many times. But this time it was little serious. Even after the shock I was in shock. Haha. Ya I was feeling the shock for a long time. Hehe. We have to be really careful with that. Happy to have your response. Happy mylotting.
@adihindu (1922)
• India
18 Oct 08
In my day to day life, I involves in many electrical works so I will experience it at least once a month. When it was for the first time, you will get so much pain too. But later, you will find the thing is just normal. When dealing with electrical appliances, you have to take care with yourself.
• India
19 Oct 08
Once in a month??? I just couldn't bear it once. How are you doing??? Oh my God!! Just take care. Happy to have your response. Happy mylotting.
@divinchris (2449)
• India
18 Oct 08
Hi friend!I have experienced Electric shock in my college laboratory.I guess it was the electrical lab,have you experienced any electrical shock during your college life.Tell us.
• India
19 Oct 08
Oops. I hate to go to electrical lab. Most of the days I just don't go. And even if I go, I will let my batch mates to do the experiment. I will just watch them doing. Lol. So no way to experience shock there. Haha. Happy mylotting.
• India
18 Oct 08
yeah i have experinced electric shock long ago...its really weird to think abt tht incident...i was doing something with my pc and due to weak earthings in my house i got the shock!!! It was a very old incident and frm then onwards i was careful working with electonic instruments and have not yet shocked!!!Touch wood!!
• India
19 Oct 08
I also had shocks with my PC. But a very mild ones. Have got that so many times. We just had some electrical problems in our house. At that time I used to get some shock working with my PC. Lol. Still I will continue doing it. I didn't even report that to my mom. If I say, I will have to sit without PC for few days till their repair it. Lol. Now its fine. Haha. Happy to have your response. Happy mylotting.
@dieorfly (764)
• Slovak Republic
18 Oct 08
I had this experiences when I was a child, so I can not remember it properly. I was quite lucky cuz I push iron bar into electric plug. I really do not know why I did it, but I consider this as a good idea at that age:) I can be glad that it did not kill me lol. So that was my only experience with electricity. I got similar with flat-iron. Heh...I wanted to know how hot it is so I put my hand into that iron heat-up bottom part of flat-iron. Really do not recommend to anybody:)
• India
19 Oct 08
Wow!! You must be crazy to touch the iron box. Lol. I just can't imagine it. Never try it again. Hehe. Happy to have your response. Happy mylotting.
• United States
20 Jan 09
I was 12 and I was making toast and It got stuck in the toaster so I got a butter knife and stuck in the toaster to get the toast out it was a weird feelling like I was frozen and could not move I felt numb ness in my hands it was hard to let go of the knife too but i did some how.
@shyamlal (3550)
• India
20 Jan 09
I have have that thing many times...But the really unforgettable one happened long time ago..I was a child and I was playing with a pipe on the terrace..it was a conducting one..Accidently hit the overhead lines with that..Felt some vibrations ..but was too dumb to know what it was...then my cousin sis also got hold of the pipe..she too got the feeling...had the brain in her to realize what it was..Told me we it was electric shock...The thing that happened later was really funny..We both got scared...threw the pipe away..We actually thought of jumping into the water tank(god knows why)....Then decided to to put our hands in it..That incident always makes me laugh..... It was the overhead mainlines..Don't know why the shock was small..
• Canada
19 Oct 08
yes, i've experienced electric shock. I was helping a friend and her family take down wallpaper. The husband was supposed to turn off the power, but he forgot. The wallpaper was stuck on the wall so bad. We had to use a mixture of vinegar and water. we then took this mixture and used sponges to soak the walls. this helps to get the wallpaper off easier. I got to the light switch area and as soon as i started soaking the wall there, i got an electric shock. it was very painful. my whole body hurt and was shaking for about an hour after. thankfully, there were no permanent injuries from it.
• India
19 Oct 08
yeah i once experienced it.I didn't expect that.my hands started burning for a while.i was really shocked after getting that shock.
@nickventere (1424)
• Zambia
19 Oct 08
I had one when I was about 19. I was trying to figure out why the fridge was not working, then I touched a live wire at the plug. God, it did send shivers in me. My heart kept pounding way after the whole incident. To-date,. I respect electricity I don't want anything to do with the handling of appliances at risk of getting a shock.
@DawGwath (1045)
• Romania
19 Oct 08
Oh yeah, I stepped on a desolated chord that was connected to a socket, and 230V went through my body. I jumped and fell on my bed luckily. But I've been shocked many times in all kinds of jokes, like someone offering you a fake gum, or a fake stapler that sends lots of volts through your body. So I'm quite used to it, I could say immune :))
@k4karthik (439)
• India
19 Oct 08
I experienced electrical shock many times. But the most serious one was the one which i experienced when i was 18. My father was using electrical sprayer. I was helping him for moving electrical wire. In the wire there was a damage. I touched that. I was in that condition for 5 min before my father switched off the switch. It was a terrible experience. I was not able to do anything for half an hour so after that.
• India
19 Oct 08
I did have an electric shock. It wasn't that bad, but enough to startle me. The CPU of my old computer always used to give shocks, and I was always touching it by mistake. Luckily, I sold that system, and I am using a laptop now. :) Cheers and happy mylotting
@pehpot (4762)
• Philippines
18 Oct 08
I do experience it because I have a rather sweaty hands and I always experience electrical shock when I fix things around the house which is actually my hobby. I sometimes wish I am an electrician but with my sweaty hands, there is no way it would happen.