Love is a verb

@rocketj1 (6960)
What do you think about that statement? Do you believe it? What exactly do you think it means? If you don't agree? Why?
Yes, I believe it is true or correct might be a better word. It means that if you really love you will be motivated to act on that love. Love is more about how you treat someone than what you say you feel for them. Hmmmm...this is harder to explain than I expected! Jesus showed us exactly what love is, by His action of dying for us. We show our love for our children by all the things we do for them. One husband might tell his wife he loves her daily, and another might never say it, but is always doing little things for her, helping her with her work, etc. Which do you prefer? I prefer the second husband. Words are nice to hear, yes, but without any action, words are pretty meaningless. The same is true of love as James said (in the New Testament Bible) of faith. Good works does not get us to Heaven or salvation, faith does. But real faith will motivate you to act on that faith.
@rocketj1 (6960)
So if you never really do something for those you love or show love in your actions to them, then maybe you are not really loving them, right? Thanks so much for sharing here!
That's right. If you think about a mom who never cares for her child. She doesn't bathe the baby, doesn't feed it, leaves it for someone else -- now, if she realizes that she can't for some reason, and lets someone else adopt the baby, that could be love. Or if she even cares for its basic needs, but nothing extra: never sacrifices to buy the special toy, never cuts the sandwiches any special way, never plays when she is too tired == one could say there is some version of love there, because she does the basics, but I think real love is always going to ACT on that love. Because real love puts someone else ahead of oneself. DO you agree rocket?
@rocketj1 (6960)
I agree. Sacrifice is the key! It can't just be a feeling.
@psalmist (109)
yes it is a verb, because it can best describe through action....
@rocketj1 (6960)
Well put! Thanks:)
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
love is many words some good , some bad.i think it can be used as a verb, it can use u many ways to.
@rocketj1 (6960)
Hmmm.......that's quite clever, jo. Thanks:) heidi
Love is a verb if you are making love but if love is in the air, it beocmes a noun. First love comes in the air then you make love so Love moves from bing a noun to being a verb.
@rocketj1 (6960)
Hmmmm............interesting. Thanks:)
It is a action word for sure!
@rocketj1 (6960)
Thanks, LouiseKnittel!
@redkathy (3375)
What a trick question???LOL Ok well first is the definition of a verb- "The verb is perhaps the most important part of the sentence. A verb or compound verb asserts something about the subject of the sentence and express actions, events, or states of being. The verb or compound verb is the critical element of the predicate of a sentence" I think LOVE IS A VERB means - action of love is - teaching my children to be kind to others event of love - marrying my husband state of being -in love - Butterflies in my stomach on my wedding day ♥
@rocketj1 (6960)
Thanks for catching my drift! Good answers.
Well, it is a verb, and it is also a noun, so I don't see any falsity in this statement at all haha. It means exactly what it says, and it's the truth, if anyone disagrees perhaps they should study English parts of speech more and what makes things qualify as verbs. So yes, I completely agree with this statement hehe. Happy mylotting and have a great day or night.
@rocketj1 (6960)
I imagine that you are teasing me a bit. I'm talking about the fact that Love is an action. Love is not a thing. How about that?