Looking forward to Christmas bonus?

Oh!! most employees here in the Philippines are looking forward to the Christmas bonus. That is the only hope for all of us to have something to spend for Christmas. My husband is working in the government and they have bonus on December not a big amount but that would help to buy gifts for my kids. This is the reason why we can have our Christmas shopping by December not as early like what others did. Our bonus is the only hope for us to have something for Christmas. What about you? do you feel the same? excited to receive your bonus pay. Share you story.
@okwusman1 (2249)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Yes, here in my company everybody is looking out for our christmas bonus, it is period of gifts here and there. We are expecting the followings from the company: 1. one month additional salary 2. 2 bags of rice each, but it depends on your level 3. a keg of groundnut oil, also depends on your level 4. a carton of chicken, it depends on your level too. These are the ones i am expecting from them.
Wow!! that is too much!! you are blessed to have served in that company. Imagine that? you already have something for the Christmas party. Oh!! that is so exciting..
@thedaddym (1737)
Unfortunately my company does not give Christmas bonuses, we don't even get a turkey or anything like that. We do get perfomance bonuses in March though if the company is doing well. I don't think we will get one this year as my company like so many others in this country is struggling this year.
Oh that is sad!!! All are excited to receive the bonus.. I hop you can too.
@tholitz (1127)
Hi celestial052506! All employees here in our company are looking forward for what the management will offer this christmas. Last year was a bad season for all of us due to huge reduced in sales when one of our major customer had pulled out and invest in China. We have not received any christmas bonus and budget for groceries and christmas party were also reduced to a nominal size. But now, everybody is ecstatic with the coming christmas season. Though our sales have been down for the first half of the year but it had enormously recovered in the last half (even making a highest sales record in company's history). And right now, planning for christmas party had already begun, and to quote our General Manager, he wanted this party to be the best. Our General Manager had already said that there will definitely a christmas bonus this year. The only problem that we see is when he said that it will be much higher than last year (we don't received Christmas bonus last year).
Oh my goodness!! hahaha congratulations!! I wish you would be happy when the time of giving the bonus will come.
@ladym33 (11007)
I don't get much. One of the sites I write for sends about $50.00 to their top reviewers every month. Other than that I don't really get a bonus. I do work for myself though, and on online sites. I sell used books so around Christmas time I usually get a lot more sales, so that is kind of like a bonus I guess.
Oh wow!! I wish I could sell something also over the internet. Well, I am not sure if hubby would receive bonus this December. We have no thing to spend because we have plenty of bills and debts to pay and only hubby has a work. So, we will just be contented of what we can have for Christmas if we have no bonus.
@Bebs08 (10687)
oH!!! that's what i am experiencing when i was yet in the Philippines. I always look forward to Christmas bonus because it is the same amount as 1 month salary. which means I have double pay on December. Very rewarding...
Well, maybe you are doing very good now? even without bonus??
@sudalunts (5526)
I am not working now, I was laid off four months ago, but the company I worked for did give a bonus. Everyone really looked forward to it. They would pay you one pay check of what you normally would make. If you were not working for them for a whole year, they would prorate it. The company I worked for before my last job only gave us a $25.00 gift card, and the last year I was there we did not get anything.
Oh!! that is very good!!! 1 month pay check which means they would get double pay in December? Well, I wish my hubby would get his too. I am not working now... I missed my bonus...
yup I would like to receive a big bonus but that just a dream