has texting affected your ability to spell?

@eiram25 (1077)
because of the unlimited texting and my habit of sending lots of SMS everyday,my ability to spell has been affected.i think i've made it a habit already to type and write the words in shortcut forms.do you find yourself like this too?
@kedves (728)
No. I think language is such a wonderful tool that people should use it properly. minimising words for text messages is ok but not for anything else. plus you are able to set your mobile phone to predict the words for you saving you time if that is your wish also. start enjoying the language and maybe you will enjoy conversations more.
@vicky30 (4778)
I type very few messages sometime on my cell phone.I never use shortcut words while writing sms.I use the dictionary in the phone to type words quickly.Happy mylotting.
@farjun (135)
• Israel
yea!.. i belive it does effect your spelling -you just need to stop beeing lazy and start spelling correctly-even in SMS's