Have you ever wrote a book and then had it published?

@cream97 (29166)
Are you a author of any books that are published?
Hi cream97, No, but I have written a short story for a magizen and had it publised many years ago. Tamara
@Nhey16 (2519)
wow... since i was a kid, i was wishing i could also write stories or anything. but now that im a mom, im encouraging my kids to write stories and poems.
@cream97 (29166)
That is wonderful, tamarafireheart.. You have talent, and that is what makes you special. Great job!
@cream97 (29166)
Nhey16, that is good that you are teaching your kids the same thing that you love! Good writers make good leaders!
@munhozmib (3853)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hello, cream97! No, I am not an author of anything. I used to write stories in my computer when I was a kid, and I hoped I could get them published, but it never came true. I never tried to publish them, though. I almost never finished them. I always thought they were bad and that I needed more training... Respectfully, Munhozmib.
@cream97 (29166)
From the way that you are writing here, it seems that you would have no problem with submitting any kind of articles.. Keep up the good work!
@munhozmib (3853)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thank you, but I believe I would have trouble writing articles or things like that. :D
@cream97 (29166)
Yes, that is how I feel too. I don't think that I can master writing articles..
@Nhey16 (2519)
i haven't, wish i could write a book.
@cream97 (29166)
I wish that I could write a book too. I just wonder if I have the spunk to do so. There is so much that I have to learn.. It seems easy, but after taking a look at other creative authors, I may need more lessons.. But, not to discourage either one of us.. We can do it, just as long as we put our minds to it!
@Nhey16 (2519)
yeah... you're right... we can do it :)
@cream97 (29166)
I agree!!!
@kenzie45230 (3560)
No, but I've stories and poems published - for pay. My first poem was published in a magazine in 1969 and I was paid $5 and a year's subscription to the magazine. My first short story was published in 1970 - for $25. The most I've ever been paid for an article was $500. My hubby, though, has written two books. He hasn't had them published. I imagine if he ever gets done editing them, he'll probably self-publish using Booklocker.
@cream97 (29166)
Congratulations to the both of you!!!!!! This is such wonderful news to hear! You both have beautiful talents that will take you far! Cheers!
@lrglara (1343)
nope. but im open to the idea. :D
@cream97 (29166)
Yes, me too. I think years from now, I may just develop a book to write..
Wrote about anything under the sun. My life itself is a unique story to tell. I kept my journals since i was 13. Never published any but someday maybe.
@cream97 (29166)
I know that if you do, you will be an great author! You will have some interesting life stories to tell.
we had a book that was published, but it was a collaboration, i wasn't the only writer. and it only got published because we published it ourselves. hehe.
@cream97 (29166)
That is wonderful either way that it goes.. Happymylotting!
@leateagee (3667)
I had been trying to but until now I am not successful. I have written short stories, articles and poems that were published in our local magazines and newspapers a few years ago. I wish to do again but I am trying to work on my blogging but I am not successful yet. And I am super busy. That is one reason I love to hang around here at mylot to get inspirations and ideas but when work needs my time I just easily shift to work and all of the sudden loses my ideas to write. I know I need to give time to it or at least organize it in a way or the other. Maybe, I'll try children's book since I am working with children now that work and book will go together. Right? Take care and keep on posting =)
@cream97 (29166)
That is wonderful to hear! I am sure that when you get time, you will have a wonderful book to write! You are very smart, I can see that! Keep up the good work!