Want information on those ceramic pans.

@suspenseful (40316)
The reason I do is because when I get non-stick, they can only heat them up to medium heat and under 350 degrees f in the oven. Now that is all right if you are cooking vegetables, and chicken, but not for beef. So therefore I have to use a stainless steel pan and add oil to it. Now I heard that there are ceramic non-stick pans on the market, and are being sold at our Zellers and Home Outfitters up here as much better then the t-fall, and new non-stick as they do not contain any chemicals. So I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. How high a temperature can they be used at? Are they really non=stick? HOw durable are they? Do the handles stay attached and do not become loose after use? The usual questions.
@Lakota12 (42684)
I have read they are very good and that they dont have to have a s much heat put to them as any other after they warm up and it is all even. Havent used any yet tho
@suspenseful (40316)
I have corningware, but these are frying pans. I think that the core is metal -either stainless steel or aluminum or cast iron, and they coated it with a ceramic paint. I will have to see if it is on the net, and find out how good they are, whether they are better than cast iron or stainless steel. I have one small stainless steel pan, but I want one a little larger and of course a regular sized wok.
@Lakota12 (42684)
I have to watch out what kinds I buy for need a very smooth bottom to go on my ceramic top stove cant get it scatched!
@suspenseful (40316)
I have to do that to. My husband also wants me to have a heavy one, but I figure a medium light one would do. I have to replace my small non-stick and my large non-stick pan, the ones that the handles have gotten lose and the non-stick does not work that well, but my sons' birthdays are coming up, so I cannot buy them until maybe after Christmas.
@slickcut (8141)
I haven't even been aware of them..I know we have lots of ceramic items such as hair straighteners but i was not aware they had the ceramic cookware..I will have to look into that.Sorry i cannot help you but i am lso interested in knowing..Right now i feel like i am behind times not knowing...
@suspenseful (40316)
I have a friend who sells the Pampered Chef and I know they have baking pans, but these are frying pans. I will have to check into them, but right now I have to watch my budget.
@slickcut (8141)
i also bought a complete set of pampered chef pots n pans,,they cost over $200.00., maybe more like 300.00 ...my friend sold them to me because she was selling them..I will tell you the truth ,pampered chef has some good products like the baking stone,but i would not spend the money on pampered chef cookware...Its not that great ..Mine is ok but it is nothing special.If i had it to do over i would buy mine at the store..I am not saying it is horrible but its not that great for the money you have to pay...If i had it to do over i would buy stainless steel and just get a coated skillet of good quality at a store..That coating on pampered chef comes off just like the rest in time..Pampered chef is much thinner than stainless steel..I know stainless steel skillets will stick so i would buy a nice coated one ...but my pamppered chief ,the coating is coming off..I have had mine just 3 years..I like some of their products but the pots n pans is not all that.i did not tell my friend because i did not want to hurt her feelings,but my bking stone broke,so i went to walmart & bought another one because pampered chef did not stick behind theit guarentee,so this one is doig great.,and only cost $19.95...
@suspenseful (40316)
I was interested in getting that spray bottle, but that was all. I have a friend who sells Pampered Chef, but I like my pryex baking dishes and hope to get another large one. I find that stuff a bit too expensive for myself. I looked at the oil spray bottles but I want one that is stainless steel rather than one that is plastic.
@nova1945 (1614)
For baking at or above 350 degrees I will use my Corning ware, or even Pyrex. The handles are part of the ceramic/glass and not attached by screws so there is never a problem with them loosening. Instead of oil I just spray them with Pam and they are non stick. As long as you soak them in soapy water after use the cleanup is very simple (no real scrubbing needed) and everything comes out just perfect.
@suspenseful (40316)
There are some at the store, but I guess to read the warning, "do not use about ===" I have to take off that cardboard label protection.