All it does is vibrate!

@ersmommy1 (12600)
My cell phone is broken. Or rather the speaker is blown. So now I am missing calls. It rings, but I cannot hear it. I discovered this yesterday after being on the phone with my sister in law. The phone isn't even a year old. Anyone else have this happen before? With a phone that wasn't ancient?
@lilybug (21148)
I had the alarm on my phone stop working before, but I have never had the sound go out completely. That stinks, I hope it is still under warranty. I would be calling to check.
@stephcjh (32327)
I have never had that happen to me before. I have only ever owned one cell phone and the functions still work on it. I'm sorry you are having problems. That sucks!
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Sorry to hear that. But to answer your question no I have never had this happen with my cell phone before. Is the phone under warranty? If so it is time to get another one.
@msmargo (362)
Is it possible you put it on vibrate by mistake? My bf did that by mistake. He is electronically challenged so he gave it to me to fix it. I went thru all the programs on his phone and finally figured it out.
Technology, being what it is, is prone to breaking. I would like to see the cell phone companies just take the phone and send it back for refurbishing and give the customer a brand new one. That doesn't seem to be how it works, however.