My Mom is feeling a little better

@sunnflr (2767)
The therapy has helped her neck somewhat. She is feeling a little relief from the pain, and her hand no longer feels asleep and tingles. All of this is good news. The only bad thing is that she is almost done with therapy for the year. Her insurance will only allow 20 visits. After the next few, she'll have to wait until next year to do anymore...if they can afford the 25.00 co-pay each time. I really hope she doesn't go back to hurting fully when its over!
@PearlGrace (3172)
Glad to hear your mom is feeling a little less pain and annoying symptoms. The good news is that the new calendar year will be starting in just a couple of months so she could return for more therapy before long. Hopefully, she's doing some of the exercises at home and can continue with those during the period she can't go to physical therapy. It's surprising how much a person can gain by continuing their physical therapy exercises at home. Good luck to her.
@sunnflr (2767)
She'll do some at home I'm sure. I doubt she'll have the money to go back next year unless something drastic changes. Like me winning the lottery and giving her the money!
@artemis432 (7474)
• Abernathy, Texas
She can go to a Massage Therapy or physically therapy schol and it shouldonly cost 20 to 25 per session - which may be equal to her co-pay. These are student interns there who have just finished learning the body from the cellular level up. Some people ask for the teachers who supervise to give them massages - after you've been there you can request whom you will.
@sunnflr (2767)
I'll tell her about it and she can ask the therapist what he thinks. She has nerve damage so I don't know if it would be advised to use someone that hasn't been doing therapy long.
• Abernathy, Texas
You're right to be cautious.I guess it would depend on the school. Today, the standards are so strict and the amount of hours and information learned so in depth - the national testing so difficult - many are weeded out the first couple of months of school. Nowadays, massae therapists know more then those who have been in business for a decade or more. I would suggest having a conference with the clinic supervisor of a local school and have her do the intake form and decide which student would best suit you. S/he may have you just set appointments with them directly rather then a student. Or you could request that she stand in for the first few.
@sunnflr (2767)
Well, I don't know if you read my thread from two days ago, but she's in a waiting period as far as more therapy goes now. She has to have an MRI soon to rule out some things...including a brain tumor. Seems the pinched nerve was the least of her worries. I'm just hoping everything is ok.
@cwilson26 (2737)
My husband tried physical therapy for his back and it didn't help. My mother-n-law and my mom tried it too for their back and arms and it didn't help. Everyone is different though. I am glad it helped your mom and that really sucks that her insurance only covers 20 visits. Health insurance sucks these days. Hopefully, when we get a new president, it will be better for everyone. I hope she doesn't go back to hurting when the therapy stops. Hope she doesn't have to resort to pain pills. You know how I feel about what pain pills do to people because of what I go through with my husband. :)
@sunnflr (2767)
She's already taking some pain pills. Just once a day though so it's not too bad. I hope she doesn't have to do more also.