When You Are At An Intersection . . .

@gtargirl (5385)
and there is no one around, do you use your turn signals? I admit it, I keep them off. However, I will stop at a red light. You never know, one of those cows might decide to cross the street.
@makingpots (11922)
Haha. Glad to know the cows are safe in your part of the world, gtargirl. I'm with you. I don't use my turn signal unless there is someone around.
@gtargirl (5385)
Yay! A kindred spirit, lol. Yes, the cows are safe and since they're California cows they are happy too.
hi gtargirl Im also in Ca, contented cows? you must have 'remembered that commercial on tv.Thats one I do think is kinda cute.lol.
@makingpots (11922)
hi gtargirl well this lets me out as I dont drive, but I would think it wou ld be a good habit to use your turn signals at all times, as you never know when a traffic cop might be lurking somewhere unseen. Like the time that I was w alking on the green pedistrian light when this jerk motorist yelled at me, "old lady cant you walk any faster" then he ran a red light and just missed hitting me as he turned onto the same street which I was walking down.As I stood to cross the street to the library where I worked here came a police car, lights and siren on and stopped me and the driver who almost creamed me. He beckoned to me to come over to him, and watching for traffic I quickly moved to him. He asked me, is this jerk the one who yelled old lady at you then ran a red lightand nearly hit you?, I said smiling as I answered. yes officer thats the rude young man. I thought he was going to hit me, but I got away." Then he read the young man his rights, and arrested him on the spot. Now I hadnt seen that police car anywhere around but he was there someplace as he saw the whole thing. lol lol
@gtargirl (5385)
Ah Hatley, it is good to have an officer around when you need one. It's probably better that we obey all those traffic laws. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're having an awesome afternoon.
Got one creepy kid off the street for awhile. Yay!!!
@fec139 (803)
why not use the turn signal? it doesn't take much of an effort, and if it's a habit, you do it without thinking anyway.
@gtargirl (5385)
Yeah, I know . . . somewhere between the faded stop sign, the cows, tumbling weed, and the cacti I fell into a bad habit and stopped using my blinkers.
I do my best to obey trafic laws. I have a friend who got a ticket for changing lanes with no other cars around. A trafic cop was watching and gave him a ticket.
@gtargirl (5385)
Those traffic cops can be sneaky.
@stephcjh (32328)
I always use my turn signals no matter what. i never know when someones headlights may be off or if a cop is sitting somehwere watching traffic.
@gtargirl (5385)
Oh, those annoying people with their headlights turned off. What are they thinking? And yes, those cops (especially at the end of the month) tend to be watching when we're not.
@EAStanley (2689)
I always use my turn signal. It's just a habit I have. Plus, I know how I annoyed I get when I am behind somebody who just turns with no warning! So, it doesn't matter to me if nobody is around, I just like to make a point of doing it, anyway. :)
@gtargirl (5385)
It is a good habit to have. I guess when we're driving in the city we tend to forget to use our blinkers because now we've fallen into that bad habit of not using them.
@Lakota12 (42684)
yup I always turn on my signals even turning in to my driveway and no one coming just a reaction I guess
@gtargirl (5385)
Hehehe, Lakota, you're the second person to use their signals turning into your own driveway. That's too funny. But then again, it would be helpful if one lived on a very busy street.
@Lakota12 (42684)
hardly any one else on this road when I do that lol
@carmelanirel (20979)
Well I admit I do use them, whether someone is around or not..I sometimes even use them when pulling into my driveway, on a road that has only 5 permanent homes.. Though lately I haven't when driving home through the neighborhood, like turning onto my street, I have to stop doing that, you never know when someone will come up behind you..
@gtargirl (5385)
Pulling into your driveway. Hehehehee. That's great.
@deebomb (15323)
I always use my turn signals whether there is any one is anyone around or not. It is just automatic for me as it is with buckling up with the seat belt. I do it with out thinking about it.
@gtargirl (5385)
Even good habits are hard to break. Which, of course, is a wonderful thing.
I use my turn signals always, it is an unconscious habit. I walked home from my bus job once, when I used to drive bus, and found myself reaching for my flashers as I approached the train track. Reminder, I was walking.
@gtargirl (5385)
Heehee, reaching for the flashers while you're walking? I wonder what that looked like to people around you?
@carolbee (16241)
I am guilty of turning on my turn signal all the time. Just never know when another car will come out of nowhere and be behind or on the side. We don't have to worry about cows because we live in the city. Gee, didn't know a cow could understand a turn signal..lol See what I learned today? Thanks for sharing.