I want the bowl, I want the spoon

@sudalunts (5526)
Do remember saying this when you were a child and your mother just finished making a cake? When I was a child, my brother and sister and I would wait around the kitchen table for my mother to finish with the cake batter. We would then request the bowl, or spoon to lick the uncooked batter off, Yuck We did not worry about the uncooked egg in the batter. If one had the bowl or spoon the next time the other would get it. Do you remember or did you do this as a child?
@lilybug (21148)
There were 6 of us kids growing up so we had to share the bowl and the spoon a little bit more than that. My son likes to like the beaters when I am done making cookies. He will sneak a big spoonful of dough when I am not looking too.
• Lubbock, Texas
A kid after my own heart. I used to like cookie dough better than baked cookies!
@sunniek (286)
That's very interesting, though i haven't done that kinda things. I miss childhood, we many friends playing together, having so much fun. But I was not that like to eat when i was a child. That's a little different from others.
@ANTIQUELADY (36471)
i sure did especially at my grandmother's. she'd hand my sister& i both a spoon & we'd get busy on that bowl. lol
@sudalunts (5526)
I know that's right. We waited like vultures for my mother to finish with the batter
@ANTIQUELADY (36471)
thank you. wish i had one of bigmama's cakes right now. she made the best one & was my best friend. i miss her. have a great day.
• Lubbock, Texas
Definitely. But when I was growing up we raised chickens so our eggs were fresh daily. No worry about salmonella. My mother rarely baked sweets, so it was a real treat when she did and of course we had to lick the bowl. I don't remember one getting the bowl and one getting the spoon, but I do remember scraping both of them clean.