How many of you have family reunions on thanks giving day?

@Bebs08 (10689)
My hubby said, they usually have get together as a family during thanks giving day. Well, before when they are living near each other but now that they are in different states and considering the expenses of traveling, it has been a long time that they have family reunions. Even Christmas time, they never had a chance to get together. Well, in my country, we don;t have specific day to celebrate thanks giving, so families usually gathered together on Christmas and that is our reunion time. What about you? do you have family reunions on Thanksgiving? or Christmas.
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello Bebs. Thanksgiving Day is an unique day of the States for a family reunion on thanks. But we have our Spring Festival as the most important family reunion for us Chinese. Usually we get together for the grand dinner on the eve of the festival. It is a very nice time for all families to get together and we enjoy the eve. Also we watch TV for the yearly TV entertainment from 8 till 12 at midnight then fireworks can be heard everywhere at or around 12p.m. The next day we go and see our parents again and have meals together with them. Our Spring Festival is the most important traditional festival for us. Dear Bebs. I wish you and your family all the best on Thanksgiving day. Take care, friend.
@Bebs08 (10689)
Oh really? my orientation about thanksgiving is different because we always give thanks to the Lord in whatever time of the year when we need to. For example, there is somebody in the family who pass the board exam or graduated from a degree/ we will have thanksgiving ceremony in the house. We celebrate it together with our family members and relatives.
@walijo2008 (4647)
We have reunions on both days, Thanksgiving and Christmas, thats the time my family gets together. We just decide who wants to have it at their house that year, last year we had Thanksgiving at my mothers house, and Christmas at my house. Sometimes we'll have it at one of my sister's house, and she lives out of state from the rest of us, its a little bit of a drive but we always have fun. I haven't heard yet, what we're doing this year.
@Bebs08 (10689)
wow!! that is exciting!!! which means you alternate hosting the event. That's cool..How i wish we can travel to visit our relatives this thanksgiving or even on Christmas but we don;t know yet.
@metschica25 (5407)
Thanksgiving was always just my parents , brother , her brother and his wife , and of course me . It was always much smaller , but my dads side would have something big . christmas was always the huge gathering when we would see everyone , well xmas eve.
@Bebs08 (10689)
Well, that is good when you can have privacy within the family circle. Yes, Christmas is the biggest event mostly in any country around the world.
@EAStanley (2689)
We do sometimes. It was done more in the past. Now we are all scattered about. So, it just depends. Sometimes it is nice to just stay home alone! :)
@Bebs08 (10689)
Oh!! that is sad.. I don;t like to stay alone on holidays, at least I will spend it with my partner and some other friends who live closer.
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi Bebs, Here, we are only 45 minutes away from in-laws so we always see each other almost every month and surely, we will be there for Thanksgiving and Christmas also! It will be my first year to be celebrating these holidays with them... I am quite excited! I have friends here also who prefer to be staying with their friends during the holidays those whose in-laws and parents are far from them also![/i]
@Bebs08 (10689)
yup!! we are very far away from my in laws.. I never have traveled to their place. They will just be the one to visit us here when they will have vacation to Florida, they will just drop by here and stay with us for a day. How I wish i can be with them on Holidays like thanksgiving and Christmas but I don;t know when this happened.
@jamesgrub (673)
in my family the whole family gets together from thanksgiving and Christmas. on thanksgiving we go to my grandmas and have so much food and desserts and talk about gifts for Christmas. since my family is so big we always put everyones name in a bowl and you pick a name and thats who you buy a gift for. of course they have a price range and what not. but i love getting together for the holidays. its so much fun i love pigging out and getting gifts.
@Bebs08 (10689)
wow!!! I like that family gathering with lots of food and gifts? I tis so exciting to think about it. How I wish I can enjoy that king of fellowship. It is so much fun!!! like you do...
@sunnflr (2767)
When I was younger, my Mother and Father's families would all meet at our house for Thanksgiving dinner. It was so much fun having everyone there. There were times with over 50 people! Now, alot of people have passed away, moved to other states, and it just doesn't happen anymore. We go to my Mom's for Christmas because her, my sister and my brother live in Georgia. It's easier for us to go there than for them all to come here. It's fun, but not like the old days.
@Bebs08 (10689)
wow!! 50 people? that's a lot!!! mainly relatives who gather together for thanksgiving? I never experience having that many in a family gathering hahaha.... Yes, it's a lot of fun when we get together as one big family. We never have thanksgiving celebration in my country but now, that I am here in this place where thanksgiving holiday is celebrated every year, I maybe have a chance to party with my hubby's relatives in a thanksgiving turkey. LOL