Who Politician wise would i write in my state about disability?

Who Politician wise would i write in my state about the disability benefits system? i have told people i was going to write a letter to who ever in my state is over the disability benefits but i dont know who that would be.. i did a search but it doesnt say who exactly and i dont want to guess or mail several people so does anyone here know?
@owlwings (39766)
• Cambridge, England
I see that you appear to be in Tennessee. You should certainly start with the Tennessee Disability Determination Services web page http://www.tennessee.gov/humanserv/rehab/dds.htm which should give you links to the contacts you are looking for. It depends on the nature of your query or complaint but calling their office and asking for the information will surely be the quickest way of finding a resolution.
hmm it has a phone number but not an name or an email addy.. but they will know where to point me so thanks!!
@owlwings (39766)
• Cambridge, England
It's often more effective to talk to someone on the phone about what you want to do. People will often give you more useful information 'off the record' than you can ever get online or by letter. It seems that you want to contact your Government (Congress) representative who is in charge of disability issues, perhaps to escalate a problem that you have. In such a case, it's always worth talking (by phone or in person) with people because the information they give you is often perceived to be 'off record'. As a result, you may learn things that would be impossible to find out through 'official' routes and can often get a clear understanding of how things really work, which may substantially change your tactics.
hmm didnt think about the off the record factor.. thanks i will do it!!
@jillhill (37383)
I am thinking that is under the social security...if you are applying that is where it comes from.....
yeah but i wanted to figure out who state politician wise would be over it.. since each state is different in how they handle/give it out etc
@sedel1027 (17854)
I am not really sure, but I would write the Governor and the state Senate.
i was thinking those but didnt know which or if i should do both