Do you and your spouse ever play boardgames?

@hdjohnson (2981)
My wife and I were big on boardgames, computer games and video games when we first got married. I knew she was good at scrabble, so I would challenge her to a game of scrabble from time to time. Ironically I was always good at video games (like Tekkan) and she would love to challenge me in that. We've been married going on 9 years on January 29, 09'. We haven't played a boardgame in quite some time. She has been busy establishing her online business and I have been busy writing reviews, mylot, a few PTC's and a couple other Legit online business opportunities, that I've been benefiting from over the past several months. Did you and your spouse (or girlfriend/boyfriend) ever play boardgames when you first got involved, but now it seems as if that part of your relationship has subsided or even potentially died? What games did you used to play?
@rocketj1 (6957)
We have a "history" with card and board games. When we were first married, my husband taught me several new ways to play rummy and we had a lot of fun with that. We also played Uno a lot. In fact, we had a perpetual game going for quite some time. One night when I was pregnant with our first child, we were in the middle of that perpetual game when my water broke! Now we play a lot of Uno with our kids. Our daughter is 10 and when she was smaller, it was one of the only "grown-up" games that she could understand. My husband and I also love "upwords". We are both word game lovers. This is our Favorite! We haven't played it in awhile and I think I'm going to suggest it tonight!
@hdjohnson (2981)
OMG! Upwords overrode scrabble when she discovered it. When we first got it, we would play strip Upwords. The person who lost the game would have to take off a piece of clothings. SO we would continue to play until someone was completed undressed and well no need to say the rest. Thanks for responding, I'm going to make that same suggestion for tonight as well.
@rocketj1 (6957)
Woo! TMI! We love upwards and our goal is always to use ALL the letters (both his and mine). We start helping each other towards the end to do it! I should say that I probably win more times (it's always really close) than he does but he's a pretty good loser considering that he's an editor!
@rocketj1 (6957)
Oh, and no one can beat me at Big Boggle!
@vijigopi (991)
yes, my husband and I used to play PC games when we were newly married. Then he got very busy and I too was a full time mom. Then we played carrom board, which was very interesting. Now we don't have that and we play badminton sometimes. I guess the games keep on changing. We dont' stop playing. We just play different games at different times of our life.
No, we do not nor have we ever played board games together. I don't really see that happening. I wouldn't want to play board games with anyone though. I remember back in h.s. in one of our classes we were required to play board games, and I disliked it so much. For some reason, I just hate board games. I don't find them fun at all.
@hdjohnson (2981)
WOW, I am very shocked to hear that. What do you guys do for fun, amusement parks, regular parks, Dave and Busters, arcades, six flags, water parks or disney or even Movie theaters? I think you'd be the only response I receive like this. There is nothing wrong of course, just unusual to see. Thanks for sharing.
yes, my partner and i play boardgames. our favorites are scrabble and pictionary. we play pictionary even if it's just the two of us. one would draw and the other would guess. :P
@lilcee (2704)
Hi hdjohnson. Yes, my husband and I do play boardgames sometimes. He works a lot so sometimes it's hard to do something like that, but sometimes we get to do it. When my kids come over we all like to get the games out and play them. I think it's a great family time.
@cher913 (25895)
my hubby and i like to play scrabble sometimes at night during the winter but we dont get that much time to do that. we sometimes have family fun days when we cant go out due to bad weather and we pull out the monopoly game or scrabble game.
@dong1970 (1573)
Yup.we do play scrabble,computer games and our native in door games(sungka)Sometimes we are doing it with our kids as bonding time.
@agrant10 (1446)
My spouse and I never played any boardgames all we ever do is watch tv. I think that maybe you and your spouse should set aside at least an hour and half on the weekends to rekindle your boardgame romance.
@DonnaLawson (4032)
We used to play a lot of board games, Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Sorry and many more but we no longer do that.. We also played a lot of card games for money, we could start the evening with 5.00 in pennies and after playing for about 4 hours with friends and other family members, quit for the night with the same 5.00 in pennies that we started with.. We did have a fortune in fun although.. We now have the original Nintendo and can play Dr. Mario for hours on end.. I sit in the floor and he on the couch and play the heck out of the game all the while making up reasons or excuses as to why we lost that round and threatening each other as to how bad we are going to beat them on the next round.. We also have a few games on the computer and I am a great Mahjongg fan, so I never tire of the many different Mahjongg games that I have on the computer.. We have just traded or upgraded our game playing, but we still play..
@lingli_78 (12852)
hardly ever... me and my hubby don't really like boardgames and the only boardgames we have is monopoly which we hardly play... we prefer to spend time out window shopping and having a nice cheap meal in the food court or sometimes in a restaurant... take care and have a nice day...
i dont have a spouse but when i will have one i will surely play games with her