which do you prefer? Casual, Semi-pro or DSLR?

Which kind of digital camera do you prefer? I choose Semi-pro, because with that camera you can get some of the sophistication of a DSLR but you get it cheaper plus it works like a casual digital camera. Share your thoughts. Have a nice day.
@balasri (26554)
I prefer to buy the DSLR with which you can create some real magic.
Do you consider the cost when choosing the camera? Have a nice day.
@balasri (26554)
I will try to bet the best one regardless of it's price.And most of the time the priorities collide.
Cool. I love people who put quality first for the cost. Have a nice day.
@SeishiroX (1076)
I would want to buy an entry level DSLR like Nikon D60. I still would want to buy a point-and-shoot for teaching novices about photography before they upgrade to a DSLR.
You're teaching photography? Nice. Very neat. Nikon D60, I better check that out. Have a nice day.
I take it by "semi-pro" you mean a compact camera that looks like a small SLR, probably with a long zoom (10x, 12x or 18x), and the ability to use manual controls. The real semi-pro cameras are single lens reflex cameras like the Nikon D300, Sony Alpha 700, Olympus E3 and Canon 50D. These $2000 cameras (that is the price without a lens) are NOT pro levels gear, but they will shoot low noise images at very high ISOs, at 5 to 9 frames per second and handle really bad conditions reliably: but the PRO label goes to the $7,000 to $35,000 high end APSc units, full frame and medium format cameras. Which do I like? Can't afford a pro outfit! I use the semi-pro and more basic cameras depending on circumstances...horses for courses!
Yup that's what I am talking about. My dad has a Nikon P80. And when I saw it it was a really good one. Cheaper but still a good camera. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Have a nice day.