What is the benefit of adding friends on MyLot?

What is the basic advantage of addign friends on MyLot? Initially i do read a few discussions of a person and if i like them i add him or her as a friend. You keep adding people as friends eithr yourself or on request from people. Except for the fact that they are on your friend list, there is hardly any interaction with all of them.There are always one or two who become regular friends but beyond that you really can't maintain the friendship. What is the experience of other people? Do you really keep in touch with all friends and read all their posts?
@narayan2006 (2955)
Adding more friend in mylot has multiple benefits. First of all,you are supported by a larger group of friends who are your greatest asset and strength.It is not feasible to keep contact with everyone each time.More the number of friends you have,you are more likely to receive more responses to your discussions in mylot. You will gradually get to narrow down to a small group of friends among them with whome you make intimate and heart to heart interaction in context with your personal and professional life. You can seek their advice and help,when you face any difficulty and hardship. Thanks.
Do you get responses from friends? I doubt it. I don't know how to go about visiting a discussion started by a friend. i just go and press teh "Discussions" Tab and when the list opens up I respond to the discussions llisted there if I find anything interesting. it really does not mattter who has started the discussion. As long as the discussion is interesting i respond. I do not go specifically looking for discussions started by friends. I too get so many responses from people who are not on my friend list. i get a wider base this way. I wonder how the friend list is helpful.
ONE of the advantages of adding friends is when you need to send someone a PM (Personal Message), you'll need not to wait for that person's approval if that person is already in your friends' list. If one member is not in your friends list, you still need to add them before you can send them a message.
Wow how true. Yes I agree tht indeed is a great advantage.Also I did try to comment on some photographs and i was not able to as i was not friends with the person. You need to be freinds with a person to be able to comment of the photographs. Thanks for enlightening.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i don't think u can ever have too many friends whether it's on mylot r in life. i think w/more friends here u get more choices of discussions & really learn how people feel about so many different things,
To me the enitre MyLot is a friend. I respond to anyone and everyone's discussion not necessarily to people on my friend list only. I get responses for people who are not on my friend list too. So where is the purpose of the friend list? yes the only worth while purpose is that I can locate someone if i want to go to a specific person's discussion.
I believe that adding mylot friends will increase your participation to discussion especially if you would turn on the notification.
@eden32 (3976)
I don't, but it's just another way to keep track of conversation starters you find interesting. If I see the same person again & again in discussions, and there answers are interesting I usually send a friend request.