When was the last time...

you had something shut off, like your phone, internet, power? The reason I ask is because there is a slight chance I may have my internet shut off in the next few days, and I wanted to let my friends know not to worry about me if they don't see more for a bit. Unfortunatly we had everything hit us all at once, and I forgot about a couple things. Within the past 2 weeks we've had to pay our power bill, phone bill, and internet as well as rent because we pay that weekly. Some of it we were putting off until last minute in order to afford other things, some of it we just forgot about. Then on top of our bills, I'm still paying for my daughter's dance lessons, luckily next week will be the last payment and that will be paid in full. But anyways, this week after we pay rent and the phone bill, we may not have enough left to pay for the internet, so there is a possiblity that will be shut off. They usually give me a 10 day grace period from the time that I get an e-mail reminder of my payment, and so far as I know I haven't gotten that e-mail yet, so I may be able to make it until next week, or I may be shut off before then. If I am shut off, I will not be gone long. When was the last time you had something shut off because you couldn't afford to pay it?
@camomom (7537)
So far, I haven't ever had that happen but we are getting close to not being able to pay things. I had my own apartment when I was almost 19 until I was almost 21 and my roommate moved out with o notice and I got evicted because of it. So that's the worst that's happened to me.
I've never learned to be responsible with my bills. We almost always have to face some sort of shut off notice, and it's not because we're broke, we'd just rather spend our money on silly things like fast food and going out places.
@camomom (7537)
You should really not do that.
Yeah, I know, we're immature and enjoy having fun. We're getting better though. We haven't actually had anything shut off in a very long time, at least a year I want to say. Of course we're still waiting until the shut off notice comes before we pay it. A lot of times I plan to pay it, but then something else comes up which sounds better, so poof, there goes the money, lol.
@sudalunts (5527)
I have never had anything shut off because of lack of payment, I was always fortunate to have enough money to take care of my bills. Now, is a different story, I am really struggling, with the economy, and the loss of my job four months ago. I may be faced soon with a shut off notice on something, because I do not have the money to pay all of my bills for the month. On top of that, my landlord had the nerve to raise our rent. I'm not saying he does not have the right to do so, but he knows our situation and still raised it. I would have thought he would have a little of compassion, since he is a single man, has had the house for over twenty years, and does not do anything except go to work and come home, so I do not think the extra money would have made him or break him, just my opinion. Hope things get better for you.
As I've said, it's really our own fault. We do earn enough money to cover our bills, we just aren't disciplined enough. We enjoy a fun lifestyle and tend to spend our money on fast food and going places with the kids. Nothing extravagent mind you, it's usually only $20 here, $20 there, but over the course of a month it adds up. So earlier in the month we blew our money on Halloween decorations and costumes and activities, now we're paying the price.
@sudalunts (5527)
Good, I am glad you were able to spend some money on fun things. Try to remember for next month to pay your bill.
@gemini_rose (16194)
I am sorry to hear that, it is always the way with bills they always seem to come in all at once. I have been in some pretty bad situations with money, but I have never had anything cut off, but then again when I was in that situation I had no computer or no phone or anything like that.
Our problem is we never pay the bills until they are pressing, and most times once they're pressing they're too expensive because we'd been putting them off. It used to happen all the time with our cable. We wouldn't pay it one month and by the next month we couldn't afford the entire payment. We'd end up getting cable shut off at least once a year. But now we don't have it anymore, and haven't had it in about 2 years.