how do you do your laundry?

I know this is a weird question but I am doing my laundry right now so this question popped out of my mind. To start the discussion, I'l share about how I do my laundry. Usually, I separate them into piles. I separate the light colored clothes from the dark colored clothes. This way, I would not be worried about the clothes dark colors getting into the light colored clothes. Also, this makes it easier for me to distinguish which is which. I separate the towels as well and other pieces of clothing that have the same material. Simply because I don't want my other clothes having the towels "excess material" on them. It is hard to take them out. They seem to get stuck to clothes and if you look at your clothes, it seems that you can't use it anymore.
@fasttalker (2797)
I seperate my clothes into a few categories. First I wash my dark colored clothes, then blue jeans, then light colored clothes, then whites and then towells. Then I do my dress clothes or anything that needs the delicate cycle. I usually do my laundry on Fridays and then I iron what needs to be ironed on Saturdays. But since it is rainy here I have already done my laundry and ironed too since I didn't want to get out in the cold rain I decided to stay in and finish up.
yeah, i do mine fridays too....
@redhotpogo (4419)
i throw everything in together, except for reds. reds bleed too much. i've never had a problem before.
throwing everything in?....well, if your clothes's color is not mess up by that, i guess that's okay....
@bowtieguy (5927)
I seperate mine by color. I do all of mine and my sons whites together since there aren't as many of them. I do to spereate loads of our colors and then do a forth load of towles and other miscelaneous stuff.