The church is the biggest corruption of people mind.

@maria_k (925)
I believe in God, I believe in religion. I do respect all kind of religion but it's the church that in mine opinion is the biggest corruption mind of all. Organised religion or the church operate on your fear politics. They invented and promoted the fear of hell thus overpower you, control you and conrrupt your mind. That is waht I believe
there is quite a big difference between being religious and being spiritual. the former is driven by power and politics, the latter a sincere, more personal act of faith.
@maria_k (925)
There is a difference between religion and organized reiligion or the church. While the formaer based on the faith of individual, the latter seek to gain power from people who has faith in. The church then introduce sin in oder to infuse fear and control people.
@barehugs (8986)
Well I believe in God, but not Religion. Religion was invented my men, not God. Jesus never promoted any religion. The problem with the Church is, it does not teach you to think. Instead it tells you what to believe. Yes Religion invented Hell and Religion threatens to send you there if you don't pay enough money. I was born a Christian but gave it up as soon as I began to think for myself.
@maria_k (925)
barehugs, you are absolute right, Jesus never promoted religion, Jesus does not need people to worship Jesus. It was men to create religion in order to control the weaker belief men. I have became more and more distance myself from the church
@Ravenladyj (22937)
I agree fully...I dont believe in god anymore but am a very spiritual person who believes that when used properly religion or spirituality in ones life can do wonders and be a very amazing, positive thing...When you get into the whole church scene though, thats where the problems lie...It is very corrupting wihtout a doubt and as far as i'm concerned it creates more problems in the lives of the ppl who go than it does good
@maria_k (925)
I am with you on the part that the church is so corrupted with power and money. More and more people will see the truth and distance themself from the church. they still believe in God. It's just the church that they don't care anymore
@lilaclady (28238)
I agree with you, Iam not what you would call a religious person but I do believe there is something spiritual but it is something we are not meant to know until our time comes, and not what is taught in the many books of many religions, I think of churches just as man made structures and the the people preaching from them are just ordinary people living off the earnings of followers, if churches were doing what they are supposed to be doing they wouldn't be sitting on so much wealth and their doors would never be closed...just my opinion...