Do you repair broken watch, mobile, etc, or just buy another one?

Romania
When your watch is broken or your mobile is not functioning anymore, what do you do, go to repair it or just go to the shop and buy another one, usualy a better product? Myself I buy another one, because here in my country is cheaper to buy one then repair. To small thing of course,but sometimes even to bigger things like television or computers if the part which is broken is more expensive then half price of the new product. What about you?
@shefalis (81)
In our country getting a product sometimes is cheaper than buying a new one.Depending on the product and how much attached i am to it. There are chaces of me getting it repaired as well as buying the same one. I like to keep myself updated on the latest gadgets and product but not the types to buy and flaunt around. I like basic products a mobile phone preferred for calling or sms...the other technology like camera,music,..etc not preferred.
I see! thanks!
@dandan07 (1908)
I will try to repair the broken one by myself first, if that works, i will still keep it. If I can not make it by myself, I will check out how much the repair fee is. Then compare the fee with the price of a new one to make the final decision. You know here, sometimes the repair fee is much higher than buying a new one, so many people seem to change for a new in most case.
same here, in my country too. see u!
@grace24 (1050)
usually when i found out that one of my things is not functioning well, i try to repair it by myself especially when the thing that i am going to repair is very easy to repair but i can only do that in small things,..if bigger things is broken, i buy new product,..yeah its cheaper to buy another one than to let it repair in the shop,you can save more money.
it is stupid how repairing is expensive and sometimes is easier to buy another one then repairing, but this is life.
@23uday (2998)
Hey,, Do you repair broken watch,mobile,etc.. or just buy another one? If i get any problems with watch or mobile.I would go to the repair shop of both. I will not buy a new mobile or watch.For small repairs we have to go repair shop not buy a new one.Have you repair your mobile or watch??
to be honest, not really! if there is something I cherish yes, if not , i don't .
@adihindu (1922)
I am from India,here repairing cost is cheap. If product have the warrenty I will go to the service center of the company.If the warrenty was expired I go to the normal repairing shop.
Ok, thanks for answering!
I don't have a mobile phone, but I would prefer to repair my watch rather than buy a new one. But you're right, sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new one rather than repairing it. I'm lucky that my dad has a friend who knows how to fix computer problems. My dad has done a lot for this man and his family, so when I have a problem with my computer, this man insists on fixing it for free. I don't think I could afford to take it in to get repaired in a shop.
you are lucky then! I married a computer engineer, it is cheaper kidding! see u!