Have You Ever Done Something That Made You Feel Good?

@pyewacket (43962)
You might say I did my little good deed for the day...LOL Today was one of those days, that to be honest I would have rather stayed home, and maybe cuddle up in bed and just read. It was a rather dreary, gloomy, rainy and VERY windy day...the kind of perfect stay at home day. But being the rather restless sort, decided to go out anyway...besides needed to just pick up a few things at some of the local stores around me (of vital importance..some cat food and toilet paper..heehee). So I got a rather late start as I admit I was dawdling but did go out. Okay, so now I'm walking on my way home, and I looked up at the window where my friend Vi lives and was puzzled. Her one screen in her bedroom window wasn't shut down but way up. This puzzled me, as she has two cats, and I'm thinking, yikes her cats could get out that way. So I saw that in her living room window that a light was on, meaning she was home, so yelled up her name...A minute later she comes to the living room window and I asked..."Did you know your screen is way up in your other window?" She DIDN'T...She left the living room and to the bedroom and immediately closed down her screen..then I asked her are Banjo and Mikey all right? (her two cats) ...she left to do a kitty count and they were both all right, but she couldn't stop thanking me over and over again. It made me think, well gee, maybe I was meant to go out cause if I hadn't, she wouldn't have noticed her screen was up, until maybe too late and her cats could have snuck out. But it made me feel good, like I did my little good deed for the day. So have any of you, especially on a day where you originally weren't thinking of going out, then did, and by doing so, did some little good deed of the day? Did it make you feel good?
@LadyMarissa (12165)
YES, I believe fate places us where we are supposed to be when we're supposed to be there!!! YOU DONE GOOD GIRL!!!
@pyewacket (43962)
It did make me feel good. Yup, I was supposed to be there
@LadyMarissa (12165)
EVERY furbaby in the world loves you pye!!!
@makingpots (11928)
Hi, pyewacket. :) You should feel very good about that one. You are a good friend to even notice her situation and take the time to call up to her. Similarly, I had a day like that last week. It was a beautiful day out and I really want some time alone to just enjoy it. My son was going to be in preschool for a few hours and I wanted to go home and spend quiet time in my backyard with my dogs. I needed a few things from the store (hee, TP in my case too) and I knew it would be more of a hassle later with my son so I ran to the store. While there I ran into a friend who was having a really difficult week. I gave her a huge hug and she just sobbed right in my arms. We were at Target and there is a Starbucks in the store, so we grabbed a cup of coffee together and talked. We spent an hour realizing that life is really tough at times and sometimes you just need share it with others. Strange, but we hardly talked that much.... it was like she only needed to know that someone cares enough to take an hour from their day to just be with her. I felt good the rest of the day. I couldn't even put into words why I felt good about it. I just did.
@pyewacket (43962)
You see. You were meant to be there also and bump into your friend and be there for her. I bet she had kept a lot of her feelings bottled up and was glad to have someone to listen to her and a shoulder to cry on as well.
@stephcjh (32385)
Yes. I have dreaded doing so many things at times. I end up feeling good after forcing myself to get out there sometimes though. I am always there to help others when I can.
@pyewacket (43962)
Yes sometimes it's a case of forcing ourselves to do something we really don't want to do, then it turns around being a good outcome
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey pye! I do believe that you were meant to go out for exactly that reason! You were meant to go past that window and save your friends kittys lives! I truly believe that is true! I have no doubt that something made you go out and that is the reason. You know how us "kitty people are? I believe that you have a "sixth sense" too and that you believe that everything happens for a reason, at least those kinds of things happen for a reason. Something pushed you to go out even though you didn't want to, but you did go. You had to go because you had to save those two kittys for your friend! So yes you should be very happy and proud of yourself because you definitely did a good deed today!
@pyewacket (43962)
Thank you Opal from one kitty lover to another. Yes, no doubt this was the classic case of being at the right place and time. My friend Vi loves her kitties, and the one cat, Banjo was a replacement for Spikey who passed on to Rainbow Bridge not too long ago. She would have been devastated if anything had happened to either cat
{{Hi Pye}}, I am sure your neighbor and friend really appreciated that you were so observant about the window and I'm glad to hear nothing happened to her cats...That would and could have been really tragic!! THANK GOODNESS FOR PYE! Pye to the rescue (G)!!
@pyewacket (43962)
Whenever I pass by her windows I always have a tendency to look up at them...I often see her one kitty Banjo resting on the windowsill behind the screen...so that's why it kind of alarmed me to see the screen up like that where she might have gotten out.
Hi pye, Gosh! wel done to you, so you were meant to go out and sve your friend little kitties, I cannot think if I have ever done that, I may have done and I ca't remamber. Brigh Blessings. Tamara
@pyewacket (43962)
Yes I guess I really was meant to go out today despite the weather.
@bunnybon7 (32534)
• Holiday, Florida
i think most of us careing people have. and im not surprised as you are always doing good for people and animals alike
@pyewacket (43962)
aww--shucks thank you. I was just glad I saw her screen open and could get her attention about it as I know she never usually has it opened up like that
hi pyewacket as you probably know we are packing to move, and as I had literally a ton of books I havent read for years in my bedroom, I sorted out all the ones I wanted to give away. I finally had to just take them to the dumpster nearest our apartment complex. that was three days ago and I met a nice elderly lady about my age who said really soft, oh my could I have some of those? So I let her sort through til she found some books on decorating and on exercise she really wanted. and she thanked me so much, even offered to pay me, and of course I refused as they are old, in good condition, but old. I was just glad someone could get some use and enjoyment from them.
@pyewacket (43962)
That was great that some of your books came to good use for someone else...who knows maybe others helped themselves to some of the books after you left
@polachicago (19143)
Of yes, it would make me feel good if I safe someones animals from being lost. Lately I like to make days just for myself when I am resting no matter what. It means reading and staying in my bed for all day long. It is very windy in Chicago today....good to be at home...
@pyewacket (43962)
I'm a real stickler with my windows and keeping them safe for my two kitties...I actually have two screens in each window to make sure they are strong enough to keep my babies safe
@jerzgirl (7805)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I haven't had that happen to me precisely, but when we were traveling to Ireland and took a ferry over to Scotland for a day trip, I was walking around the market area of Ayre (mainly, their town center where all the shops were). It was pedestrian only with quite a few places for people to sit and lots of scooters offered to those for whom walking would be difficult. A really nice little town. In one area, there was a circular garden area with a bench all the way around. An elderly woman was sitting with a friend when they decided to stand to move on. I can't remember if the one woman had a walker or not, but something in my mind recalls she had something to help her when she walked. But, try as she might, she could not get off that bench. Her friend tried to help her and she dropped right back down. I looked around quickly and couldn't see anyone who might be able to assist and they had seen me noticing the problem, so I walked over and asked if I could help. With her friend on one side and me on the other, we were able to get her on her feet and make sure she was steady before I let go of her. My impression that she was very embarrassed by it all, but her friend thanked me over and over. I felt pretty good the rest of that day, feeling like I'd helped someone out in a predicament. As for your episode, if she didn't open her screen and the cats didn't, then you have to wonder if someone outside the home was preparing to enter. Maybe you did more than keep her kitties from leaving. Who knows?
@pyewacket (43962)
That was really nice of you to help that woman like that and I bet it did make you feel good to help out. I think what may have happened...with my friend that is. She often throws down some seed and bread for the birds. Right underneath her window is a area with some dirt where some plants grow...so she may have opened up her screen to throw out the bread/seeds but then forgot to close the screen..at least I hope that was all it was and not the idea that maybe someone was trying to get in
@jerzgirl (7805)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Thanks, Pye.
@sharra1 (6344)
Yes many times. When I was the union rep for my workplace I did lots of things that made me feel good, protecting people's rights, saving jobs and looking after their future interests. Now I look after my partner. I like to help people. I am sick now and no where as able to help people as I was once but I love it when I can help a loved one or a friend.
@ESKARENA1 (18304)
well i always get a warm feeling when i can do something for someone so will attempt to do something like this every day. Lol see im totally self serving blessed be
I am sure that your friend was very happy you decided to go out. I do not think it was just luck or a coincidence. I believe everything is part of a huge plan God has in place.
@reinydawn (11651)
Well, mine isn't exactly like that, but I did try to do a good deed once. My husband and I were going to a baseball game. His boss had given us 4 tickets to the game, so it didn't cost us anything (that's the only way we can afford to go!). We always go out to dinner before the game and make a night of it. Well, at dinner we noticed a lady with 2 kids, about 10 and 12, eating. It kinda looked to me like either she was a single mom or her husband was out of town, but I was just guessing. We decided to give our tickets to that family, but when I asked the lady to take them she declined. I told her there was no charge for it, and they were pretty good seats. She thanked me and still declined. We went to the game ourselves and had a good time, but we would have been ok if we didn't go too.
@Genevie (140)
I feel the best when I do something for someone and no one knows I did it! God Bless! Thanks!
@Lakota12 (42794)
am so glad everything worked out and kitties were safe . Been awhile since I got to do anything like that. A few years ago tho some kids were climbing on fence going into the neighbors yard I didnt know thenm so I asked what were they doing one of them pipped up and said she lived there. so ok . The next day the dad thanked me for watching out for thier property! could have been teens breaking in.
@eaforeman6 (8983)
Working to help our elderly parents always makes us feel good. Things pop up and need done and we jump in as often as possible. Its nice to help them and makes things easier for them because they are dealing with enough health issues and they really appreciate every little thing. It feels very good to make things better for all of them.