How much does the smoking cost to you daily?

@deserve40 (1605)
We know that the number of smokers is increasing now a days. Inspite of knowing that smoking is not good for health, people keep smoking and that thing cost them sometimes which they cannot afford. Have you ever thought or calculated as to how much the habit or hobby of smoking cost to you daily? Are you a pasive smoker?
Smoking costs everyone even if they are not a smoker. The medical costs for smokers are huge. These are passed on to everyone in the form of higher health insurance premiums and increased taxes.
@deserve40 (1605)
Thanks for the response. I thought exactly in the same way. Your response is short but to the point.
@klaudine (3652)
I smoke a pack in a day, or maybe two, tops. One pack here in my country is about $0.8 so in a day I would spend $1.6 for smoking. I don't mind about that. I earned more than that a day. Yes I know it is bad and I know it is costly, but I don't think it is really anyone's problem since I didn't smoke in front of people, and I didn't smoke in some banned area. No, I am not a passive smoker, I am a very active smoker.
@deserve40 (1605)
Agreed that it is your own problem (if you feel that it is really not anyone's problem), enjoy yourself. Have a nice time.
@greenline (14864)
You have made a very good point. I don't smoke any more. I used to be a real chain smoker before. That cost me $5 to $10 per day. I finally decided to quit because it started hurting my throat really bad.
@deserve40 (1605)
Well done. I hope that you had left smoking before it could cause great trouble.