Do you believe in faith or miracle healers?

@ronaldinu (12454)
Malta
To put it blunt I don't believe in faith healers. I know that God is almighty and everything can be done. I do believe in miracles. But I do think that most of these called faith healers try to prey on the poor human conditions of the sick. Do you believe in faith or miracle healers? © ronaldinu 2008
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
Yes I do, Well I believe in the power of prayer mostly. Rod Parsley has a great church and has what you call faith healers with prayer and anointings . I believe that it is the strength of a prayer that can help someone out it might take longer then other things but it helps.
@owlwings (38089)
• Cambridge, England
A miracle is, strictly speaking, something (usually good) that happens in a way that can't be explained by current knowledge. It doesn't have to have any 'religious' connotations, though it often does simply because of the way that many people think. Many things that we take for granted today would very likely have been called 'miraculous' 500 or even 100 years ago. I don't think that even the Wright brothers would have accepted that several hundred tons of metal, nearly 500 passengers and their baggage (not to mention an enormous amount of fuel) could possibly become airborne, let alone fly for nearly 7000 miles. Perhaps, if they saw it, they would not call it a 'miracle' and leave it at that - they would more than likely have asked innumerable questions about how such things are done and eventually have understood. In these times we are very aware of the speed with which science and, especially, medical science can advance yet we can still be entertained by very simple tricks such as competent magicians are able to do and many of us are blinkered by our adherence to religions which are intent upon fostering the 'mysteries' of spirituality by discouraging people from encountering it for themselves. For a long time the Church did not allow the translation of the Bible into the common tongue because they were afraid that, once people could read and understand it for themselves, the whole structure of the Church would crumble. That attitude is still prevalent today in many churches and in much more subtle ways. Many miracles - especially miracles of healing - can today be accounted for (if not entirely explained by) modern knowledge of psychology and therapy. Anyone who has been completely healed in minutes of something which they have suffered from for years may well call it a 'miracle'. I am thinking of one technique, in particular, which has claimed many cures of this nature (yet shuns the word 'miracle'). Please explore this site and its links: http://www.emofree.com - and especially watch some of the short videos. Of course, wherever there is something that is not generally known, there will always be people who take advantage of it in some way. They may have communication and sleight-of-hand skills which they use in order to 'enhance' their presentation and to encourage people to part with their money - there is usually payment involved at some point. Most of such people are quacks and mountebanks - not all. I do actually believe that there are genuine 'faith' healers. I believe that there are many channels of energy that our matter-of-fact, scientific mentality cannot comprehend. Whether they are truly 'of' or 'through' God depends on the kind of metaphor that one finds acceptable. On the site that I quoted above, search especially for 'surrogate' and see what you make of the examples quoted. It's a big subject, Ronaldinu. Not all faith healers are fakes. I would say that much more than half of them really believe in what they do (some may even understand something of how it works) and, if their clients receive real benefit and choose to call it a 'miracle', who are we to say that it is not?
@bamakelly (5194)
I have often questioned this type of practice before. I have seen many a faith healer on these special television stations. Some seem like they could be authentic and others I am not so sure about. There is one fellow I believe to be of Indian descent and he seems very believable to me. I am not going to give his name in honor of respect. He seems very loyal and he looks like he has helped many. I would never believe that he would want to prey on the unfortunate ones who are incapacitated and infirm. I do hold a good deal of skepticism sometimes as I think it is healthy.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
I think if there were miracle healers there would be a lot more miracles out there!
@derek_a (10903)
I have often practised healing during my meditation, by simply visualising the people I know who are sick, looking at me and telling me how well they feel. I don't tell them I do this and sometimes nothing happens, but other times there are some remarkable results. In Zen, it is agreed that all is one. So there is no self and other. That means the mind can integrate with another mind, on a different level, and if karma says it's OK, healing can take place. With regard to healing itself, I believe the motivation of the healer must be to heal first. I know there are healers who charge and do it for a living, and I don't see anything wrong with this as long as there is no exploitation of a sick person who is also poor. Otherwise it is just a manner of energy exchanging hands.
@derek_a (10903)
I can't say that I ever feel that I am totally there with them in a room somewhere, but often I do get a clear image in my mind of a person standing in front of me. They aren't usually saying anything or doing anything or anything like that. Just like a picture I suppose. Sometimes though, I can't get a mental picture of them at all. It's as if I have forgotten what they look like. I don't know what this means though.
@kun2349 (23475)
I dun really believe in both of them.. I only believe in oneself, and their will power.. Like u mention, god is almighty, but there are just too many humans than gods, and so how are the gods gonna know who to save?? THus, instead of relying on gods or those so called faith healers, i will rather depend on my own will power.. And also, praying to gods or seeking divine from faith healers are just part of psychology to make one feel better only..
@MsTickle (24966)
I think there are some people who are capable of healing by laying on of hands. These people as a group have a name which I cannot think of at the moment...they are also capable of speaking in tongues I believe.
i dont believe them if they want any kind of payment for them.. if they are doing it and dont want any recognition or anything then i will or will more likely come to believing them if it works
@msedge (4012)
I believe in God that gives miracle.I believe that if we have faith to Him,He will always there for us.I know there are people who don't believe in God and i respect whatever beliefs they have.I've been through alot of pain and sufferings and the only thing that was left for me was my faith which helped me alot during those times.God is my saviour!
@tryxiness (4549)
There are a number of faith healers in our country. And there are also a number of people pretending to be faith healers. I do believe in faith healers because they do happen and the power or the gift they have is something can not be explained.
@jerzgirl (7805)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I don't believe in faith healers either, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in healing. I mean that, like you, these people are preying upon the needy and are claiming powers held only by God Himself. That doesn't mean someone can't be healed through prayer and laying on of hands. I haven't seen it personally, but I believe it is possible.
I believe in everything. If a person believes in a faith healer and they believe they help, then who am I to say different? If they can help, why not.
@bombshell (11268)
yes i do believe!it did happen to me few days ago!
@littleowl (7157)
Hi ronald..healing is not done by a person the person who is healing is channelling and their spirit guide and they are the one who does the healing or helps the person..littleowl
@kerriannc (4282)
• Jamaica
I grow up believing that there are faith healers which are geninue. Billy Graham Ministeries was one of them. But then when I became older and understand the bible more and see these persons who are going to theological colleges and coming out preaching and telling persons that they can heal you I realized that they are all fake. I believe that they are prey because if you have a talent that God give to you why are you asking persons to give you donation before he/she can receive healing. God give you that talent for free so you should be able to used it freely. Then the next thing if you look closely at the persons who they say they are healing there is always someone closed by when that person falls. Just watch the hand carefully, it is like the pastor wilfully push that individual down. I am not doubting that one has the power to heal but you the individual who are seeking healing have to first believe that God has the power to heal you and once you believe that then you will be heal. The words of God says if you have faith has small as a mustard seed and you say move mountain it shall be removed. It is wrong to put your faith in man because they are all failures.
Hi ronaldinu, I have just told you that I am a spiritualist healer, and I don't do like what you see on the tv about faith healers, the are ott. To do healing on some you are only channeling through God and your spirit guide, you don't heal people it is God who does that, and you are only channerling. All those people so called healer you see pushing people over is all crap. Tamara
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
no, i do not. i think they are a bunch phonies just taking people's money. it should be againistthe law for anybody to clain those powers.