How often do you burn candles?

candles - beeswax candles
@polachicago (19073)
Candles are a wonderful way to add ambiance, calm and serenity to our home. However, burning too much candles at home may not be good for health. Beeswax is safer, but can produce some soot as well. What kind of candles do you like?
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Polachicago, I used to burn candles all the time but some of the fragranced ones can be a bit heavy and headachey. I do tend to buy better quality ones made from beewax as these tend not to be as bad and I also have a lot of carved ornamental ones that I would never burn unless in an emergency powercut and had run out of others. Huggles. Ellie :D
@polachicago (19073)
I have many candles for decorating purpose and some for that I burn everyday. I use tea candles to warm up my tea. I get my tea set from Holland. I saw similar one in Germany. I think it is very popular in Europe.
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
Sounds like a nice decoritive way to also be prepared for emergencies. Great idea! :)
@acturpt (28)
Thanks for sharing~ I burn candles only once a year,and that's in my birthday :-)
@polachicago (19073)
I love to do it almost everyday...:)
I pretty have a candle burning at least a couple hours every day. Beeswax is safer, and so is a soy based candle. And it's not only better for our health, but it doesn't give me any allergic reactions. You know sometimes the fragrance of the candle can make my eyes or nose itch.
@polachicago (19073)
you are right about scented candles....
@gemini_rose (16194)
I used to burn candles a lot, I would have scented ones and oil burners with candles. I think that once I started having children I just stopped because I did not want to have that risk of danger in my house. Now I only really use them when there is a power cut, I think once they get older though then I will start to have the scented ones again.
@polachicago (19073)
You can place a candles far away from children. I keep my away from animals and burn them on my stove close to the wall. Safety first...:)
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
Ahh dear u must have start discussion keeping in mind romantic mood. and sure candles and specially aroma candles are really lovely and sooth ur asthetic sense but here now a days electricity loadshedding is so much that we have to burn candles dailt to get light, i know its not that romatic, rather pathetic, but its situation we are facing nowadays, take care
@polachicago (19073)
you are right about electricity. I am not sure if burning candles is less expensive or not...
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
Yeah u r right well candles are for sure not that expensive, but u know candles can be only for light and u r so much used to of electicity and u cant live with other appliances Take care
@polachicago (19073)
Don't you burn candles for Diwali?
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
Candle soot makes me think of the smoke from incense and how it must be for you lungs as well. I think bees wax all natural and if they have sents natural as well. Happy burning! :)
@polachicago (19073)
everything in moderate....:)
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
Yes moderation is the key to almost all. Are you from chichago area? If so is it starting to get cold there yet? :)
@polachicago (19073)
It was very cold for last few days. Freezing at night....this is the worst time of the year ...
@cream97 (29166)
Hardly ever. But, I have burned some several years back. In 2003 and 2004. I love the Glade candles. I do plan to get some of these during the holidays.. I love the other scents that they have.. They smell so good!
@polachicago (19073)
I like decorative candles, but I use a lot of tea candles. Tea candles are easy to use and are less expensive.
@cream97 (29166)
Oh, really, I will have to start trying these then..
@Lakota12 (42681)
any that smell really really good. DOne burn to often for the fumes that come of them tho
@polachicago (19073)
It is very calming...
@Lakota12 (42681)
yes I have heard it can be
@wolfie34 (26792)
I am not usually a lover of candles to be honest, but when I was getting bitten by mosquitoes in my bedroom someone suggested to me to have citrus candles as mossies don't like the smell and it keeps them away, so I thought why not! Well it seemed to work and not only do I have a scented lemon smell in my room but the mossies have gone!
@polachicago (19073)
You can also use catnip to repel mosquitoes...your cat will like it for sure...:)
@wolfie34 (26792)
Thanks for the tip my friend, appreciated!
@elitess (5072)
• Ipswich, England
Candles are indeed a wonderful way to add ambiance, and know finding your conversation made me remember that i should buy some today because i am going to stay at my girlfriend's place for a week, and it's been too long since we last used them to create a more romantic atmosphere. I prefer wax candles, those flavored ones, and i usually use them when we are trying to create a pleasant and romantic atmosphere for a good dinner.
@polachicago (19073)
I think your girlfriend is lucky...:)
@gantwick (849)
I like the vanilla-scented candles, as well as the cinnamon-scented ones. With curious cats (especially Captain Morgan), candles don't get lit very often.
@polachicago (19073)
vanilla sounds good....:)
@LittleMel (14055)
I don't burn much candle at home hubby doesn't like it and freaks out whenever I lit them he even buys me aromatherapy bath so that I don't have to use aromatherapy candles which is fine by me I'd like to try soy candles actually but I might have to try them when he is away from home a couple of days so he can't catch me using it
@polachicago (19073)
I love candles for it ambiance....special when home alone....
@xParanoiax (6997)
Rarely ever. After two housefires (NOT causes by candles, but all the same) I really don't like inviting flame into the homeplace. I'm considering making a little box to keep some candles and laterns outside, but I'm willing to put off the consensus. I prefer unscented when I do have them, though.
@polachicago (19073)
you can not leave candles unattended for sure...
@arkaf61 (10882)
I like candles and that nice glow they give, but I don't have them often. With 2 cats and one dog, it's not exactly that safe to have lit candles around. THere are a lot of scented candles nowadays, but I find that some are just too strong, and some smell bad instead of nice LOL
@polachicago (19073)
some candles small only before burning... candles are not safe with kids and animals...I am very careful when burning....
@Cannonball (3635)
• France
Honestly speaking, I don't pay much attention to the kind of candles I burn and anyway I don't do it this much recently. I like it though but it seems I forgot this about and I sooner replace it with encense. The thing with encense is that I would have to be out of the room because I find it a little bit annoying all this smoke at once in my bedroom or something. This way scented candles might be perfect then I can just enjoy the smell, maybe make some energy economy too and enjoy my bedroom's activities
@polachicago (19073)
be careful when burning candles in your bedroom, you can fall asleep.....
• France
You make me think, this can be a great sleeping pill